Windows 10: explore keeps crashing

Discus and support explore keeps crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community. i've run into a nasty explore crash every time i'm "too fast" working it crash, especially when right clicking.. tried every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jay__K, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Jay__K Win User

explore keeps crashing

Dear Microsoft Community. i've run into a nasty explore crash every time i'm "too fast" working it crash, especially when right clicking.. tried every fix i could find but nothing helps! yesterday i got enough of it and made a clean reinstall of windows just to discover it happens again, i hope Microsoft would look into this and fix ituntil then, if some of you guys know a way around this problem i would really appreciate it,

:)

Jay__K, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Apr 18, 2022
  3. dave67 Win User
    Explorer keeps crashing

Open a terminal by typing CMD in the search. than type or copy paste

sfc /scannow

This will take a bit of time

I noticed you are using Norton 360 antivirus. I suggest shutting down Norton and keep it off on a reboot see if the windows explorer stops crashing.

dave67, Apr 18, 2022
  4. cgrim1985 Win User

explore keeps crashing

Explorer keeps crashing

Even if I restart my computer explorer crashes every once in a while.

I have attached a list of my non Microsoft Shell Extensions from ShellXView, so any idea of which ones could be causing issues and that I should disable first?

cgrim1985, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

explore keeps crashing

1. explore keeps crashing - Similar Threads - explore keeps crashing

2. Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing: Hi!I'm having an issue with the Explorer pinned shortcuts in the Taskbar. Whenever I'm trying to open any pinned shortcut in Explorer, it crashes immediately and restarts it. I can tell that this is happening because the Taskbar disappears a few moments before it comes...
  3. Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing: Hi!I'm having an issue with the Explorer pinned shortcuts in the Taskbar. Whenever I'm trying to open any pinned shortcut in Explorer, it crashes immediately and restarts it. I can tell that this is happening because the Taskbar disappears a few moments before it comes...
  4. File explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps crashing: I have multiple users experiencing the same issue.File explorer crashes. System is un-usable until explorer comes back around. When it does, all network shares are gone.I have tried the window scaling suggestion. No helpI have done the sfc / scannow. No help, no errorsI have...
  5. Explorer keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing.: I am currently running on Windows 11 Insider Beta channel with the 22621.160 updated days ago and it went fine until this happen.So I was booting up my laptop normally and when I got through the lock screen, the explorer keeps crashing over and over.Task manager can be...
  6. Explorer keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing.: I am currently running on Windows 11 Insider Beta channel with the 22621.160 updated days ago and it went fine until this happen.So I was booting up my laptop normally and when I got through the lock screen, the explorer keeps crashing over and over.Task manager can be...
  7. explore keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explore keeps crashing: Dear Microsoft Community. i've run into a nasty explore crash every time i'm "too fast" working it crash, especially when right clicking.. tried every fix i could find but nothing helps! yesterday i got enough of it and made a clean reinstall of windows just to discover it...
  8. Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer keeps crashing: I'll be using my computer then every once in a while explorer will crash and then display the message below and then restart explorer. I'm not sure what is causing it or how to make explorer quit crashing. Error Message: The instruction at 0x0000000002930FD8 referenced...
  9. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing: I am trying to sort several photos from one folder to other folders and while in the process of doing this Explorer keeps restarting. What is causing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-keeps-crashing/c9e3a5ba-6589-4b59-a0a3-0a2768ff7857
  10. File Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Keeps Crashing: I have seen this on other threads but I haven't been able to fix it yet. I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with 2 additional screens, a Dell and an LG. Everything has worked fine for the first few months, but in the last week I have had the same issue every single...