Windows 10: Explorer 11 - will not open in full page!

Discus and support Explorer 11 - will not open in full page! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I am fed up with Edge since the last unwanted Edge update last week. Tried to use MS Explorer 11 (is that the latest?) but cannot open anything... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by moggie, Jun 22, 2020.

1. moggie Win User

Explorer 11 - will not open in full page!

Hello
    I am fed up with Edge since the last unwanted Edge update last week. Tried to use MS Explorer 11 (is that the latest?) but cannot open anything in full page.

Before all these changes if a page opened smaller all I did was to expand it by dragging corners to full screen and when I went in later it remained so. Now whatever I do it will not remain full screen! Is this something MS has altered recently?

I was using Edge until the last update which was automatic ( I usually am told before so I can not update it). The reason I wanted Exp 11 is because prior to the Edge update if I needed to put a page into my own desktop favs folder rather than bookmark it in Edge then I just scrolled down to 'more tools' which gave me the option of opening in Explorer and I could rightt click to my favs. This option has now disappeared in Edge 'more tools' option.

Being in my 80s I have always used my laptop with Classic Shell which I find easy for me.

Has anyone any real answers on how to use Explorer 11 keeping the pages full size all the time?

Thanks everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to add I run Windows Version 1903 I think! It was updated last Nov 19

:)

moggie, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Moggie,

I found a rather strange nine-step solution that I tried out and it worked.

The procedure is in Don Varnau's 18th Nov 2017 post in
    How to change initial size of new window automatically [IE11] {Don Varnau's procedure} - MSA
    and here it is broken down into individual steps -

1 Close all IE windows before you start

2 Open IE11 and go to a webpage that has a hyperlink to another webpage in it because you'll need it for step #5

3 Drag the window edges to fill the display without using the maximise button or any WinKey+[Left/Right/Up/Down]Arrow combinations
    4 Check that the 'Maximise' button still appears in the top-right corner
    Explorer 11 - will not open in full page! [​IMG]
    and has not tripped into being the 'Restore down' icon
    . If it has tripped, go back to step #3.

5 On a hyperlink on the webpage, right-click & select 'Open in a new window'.

6 Drag the window edges of the new window to fill the display without using the maximise button or any WinKey+[Left/Right/Up/Down]Arrow combinations
    7 Check that the 'Maximise' button still appears in the top-right corner
    and has not tripped into being the 'Restore down' icon
    . If it has tripped, go back to step #6.

8 Close the first IE window

9 Close the second IE window

IE should now always open in this max state.

I only bothered trying this solution because Don Varnau had posted it.
    - Don Varnau has a track record of highly competent contributions to forums.
    - His endorsement persuaded me that it was not a ridiculous idea.

Denis

3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Ineternet Explorer 11 not opening web pages(ie Yahoo).

Hi Neo,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to clear your cache in Internet Explorer 11:

• In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, point to
      Safety
      , and then select Delete browsing history.
    • Choose the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC, and then select
      Delete.

You may also try to add the webpage to Trusted Sites zone:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Select the Tools button, then click Internet Options.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Select Trusted sites, then click Sites.
    • Uncheck "Require server verification" check box.
    • Type the URL in the "Add this website to the zone" box and click
      Add.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Getting about:blank page in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Alvin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

2. Virus.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try the steps under the section "Why are webpages blank or displaying incorrectly?" from the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run a full scan using Windows Defender and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Explorer 11 - will not open in full page! - Similar Threads - Explorer open full

2. Can't print full page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print full page: my printer is Epson L805 i can't print full page a big part in the middle is missing from the top to the bottom. i tried printing using wifi and cable, i reinstalled the printer multiple times, i reset my laptop and reinstalled windows 10 twice it worked once but the...
  3. Explorer 11 - will not open in full pge!

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer 11 - will not open in full pge!: Hello I am fed up with Edge since the last unwanted Edge update last week. Tried to use MS Explorer 11 (is that the latest?) but cannot open anything in full page. Before all these changes if a page opened smaller all I did was to expand it by dragging corners to full screen...
  4. can't get google chrome to open full page

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't get google chrome to open full page: when I first open my HP notebook I hit my google chrome icon on my task bar - this opens google full page where I then go on to facebook etc. today when I hit icon it opens new google tab but only a small screen. I have restarted notebook, ran several different trouble...
  5. Apps opening File Explorer full screen

Apps opening File Explorer full screen: Win 10 1909 18363.836 Recently two apps that I use frequently, WhatsApp for PC and Thunderbird, have started opening File Explorer full screen, with no Minimise or Resize options visible. I believe this problem occurred following a recent Win update. I have made sure that I...
  6. Page 3/4 full

Page 3/4 full: Hi The page I am on is only 3/4 full from bottom to top, in the top are little windows for anything I have open. ihad this problem last year but cant remember how I resolved it. Any help would be appreciated...
  7. Open file explorer with quick access blank page

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file explorer with quick access blank page: I got a blank page when I open explorer which is set to open on quick access see screenshot 155878
  8. Multiple File Explorer pages opening every morning.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple File Explorer pages opening every morning.: I recently received an email from a user, saying that every morning when she turns on her pc there will be several tabs of file explorer open. I've never seen an issue like this before and would like to help her out....
  9. Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open: IE 11 will not open. I’m on Windows 10 and have been trouble free since upgrading from Windows 7 some months ago. I had been using IE 11 without any problems and then had about an hour and a half break. I returned to the PC to find that the programme (IE11)would not open...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 not opening: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23760