Windows 10: Explorer 11 - will not open in full pge!

Discus and support Explorer 11 - will not open in full pge! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I am fed up with Edge since the last unwanted Edge update last week. Tried to use MS Explorer 11 (is that the latest?) but cannot open anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moggie, Jun 22, 2020.

1. moggie Win User

Explorer 11 - will not open in full pge!

Hello
    I am fed up with Edge since the last unwanted Edge update last week. Tried to use MS Explorer 11 (is that the latest?) but cannot open anything in full page.

Before all these changes if a page opened smaller all I did was to expand it by dragging corners to full screen and when I went in later it remained so. Now whatever I do it will not remain full screen! Is this something MS has altered recently?

I was using Edge until the last update which was automatic ( I usually am told before so I can not update it). The reason I wanted Exp 11 is because prior to the Edge update if I needed to put a page into my own desktop favs folder rather than bookmark it in Edge then I just scrolled down to 'more tools' which gave me the option of opening in Explorer and I could rightt click to my favs. This option has now disappeared in Edge 'more tools' option.

Being in my 80s I have always used my laptop with Classic Shell which I find easy for me.

Has anyone any real answers on how to use Explorer 11 keeping the pages full size all the time?

Thanks everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to add I run Windows Version 1903 I think! It was updated last Nov 19

:)

moggie, Jun 22, 2020

2. Cant find Toolbar in Internet explorer 11

Hello Cagney,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the toolbar is missing in Internet explorer 11. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue after any recent updates?
    • Did you check in setting and try to check mark the command bar and check?
    I suggest you to follow some steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Right click on top in empty space near the tabs
      and select Menu Bar and Command Bar and check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the issue is resolved.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Ineternet Explorer 11 not opening web pages(ie Yahoo).

Hi Neo,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to clear your cache in Internet Explorer 11:

• In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, point to
      Safety
      , and then select Delete browsing history.
    • Choose the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC, and then select
      Delete.

You may also try to add the webpage to Trusted Sites zone:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Select the Tools button, then click Internet Options.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Select Trusted sites, then click Sites.
    • Uncheck "Require server verification" check box.
    • Type the URL in the "Add this website to the zone" box and click
      Add.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

MSN is crashing in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Lee,

The issue you're experiencing could be due to unauthorized add-ons causing the page not to respond. We'd like to know the following:

• Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue happening to all websites aside from MSN.com?

In the meantime, I suggest that you start Internet Explorer with no Add-ons. Please follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R. A Run dialog box will open.
    • Type iexplore.exe -extoff

If you're able to browse websites without any issues, then add-ons may be cause the error. You can refer to this link on how to turn off/remove add-ons on Internet Explorer:
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11.

Please update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Explorer 11 - will not open in full pge! - Similar Threads - Explorer open full

2. When i minimize a full screen application windows explorer opens randomly Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i minimize a full screen application windows explorer opens randomly Windows 11: Since the last 2 days everytime i tab out of a game or go out of a fullscreen youtube video windows explorer decides to open a new instance. I tied restarting my pc, disable autoplay, virus/maluware scans and check for broken registrey files and it still happens. I also...
  3. When i minimize a full screen application windows explorer opens randomly Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i minimize a full screen application windows explorer opens randomly Windows 11: Since the last 2 days everytime i tab out of a game or go out of a fullscreen youtube video windows explorer decides to open a new instance. I tied restarting my pc, disable autoplay, virus/maluware scans and check for broken registrey files and it still happens. I also...
  4. File Explorer now opens full screen on Save without controls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer now opens full screen on Save without controls: Win 10 20H2 current build. I've used Internet Download Manager IDM as a primary downloader for 10 years. For a few weeks now, I think since last month's Win 10 update, when I go in IDM to browse for the place to save a PDF, File Explorer opens full screen and without controls...
  5. Explorer 11 - will not open in full page!

in Browsers and Email
    Explorer 11 - will not open in full page!: Hello I am fed up with Edge since the last unwanted Edge update last week. Tried to use MS Explorer 11 (is that the latest?) but cannot open anything in full page. Before all these changes if a page opened smaller all I did was to expand it by dragging corners to full screen...
  6. Apps opening File Explorer full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps opening File Explorer full screen: Win 10 1909 18363.836 Recently two apps that I use frequently, WhatsApp for PC and Thunderbird, have started opening File Explorer full screen, with no Minimise or Resize options visible. I believe this problem occurred following a recent Win update. I have made sure that I...
  7. PDF opening Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF opening Internet explorer 11: Hello, I am using Windows 10 LTSC 2019 and when trying to view a PDF in IE11 it appears as a grey screen. However when you refresh the page a few times it then appears. Other browsers work absolutley fine, so am instructing people to use them for now, but does anyone know a...
  8. Win 10 and File Explorer opening in less than full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 and File Explorer opening in less than full screen: From what I have seen there has been no satisfactory answer to the original question which I understood was how to force Win 10's File Explorer to open full screen rather than randomly opening partial screen. The older versions of Win with File Manager, etc., had similar...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open: IE 11 will not open. I’m on Windows 10 and have been trouble free since upgrading from Windows 7 some months ago. I had been using IE 11 without any problems and then had about an hour and a half break. I returned to the PC to find that the programme (IE11)would not open...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 not opening: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23760