Windows 10: Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

Discus and support Explorer and CMD display different directory contents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone explain this? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenjaminDennis, May 31, 2020.

1. Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

Can anyone explain this?

Explorer and CMD display different directory contents e26ca920-9060-4a13-b280-735ff67c7842?upload=true.png

:)

BenjaminDennis, May 31, 2020

2. more pager in cmd

You probably have a problem with your Command Prompt. To find out, I suggest you try this:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32. Now double-click cmd.exe and check if the problem persists.
    • Check on a different machine if the problem occurs there.

Frederik Long, May 31, 2020
  3. Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer address bar

Also, from dos. If I go to S: and list directory (dir) it returns file not found. but if I then cd directoryname it moves into the directory and I can list its contents.

ShaneMacIntyre, May 31, 2020
  4. Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Explorer and CMD display different directory contents Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

1. Explorer and CMD display different directory contents - Similar Threads - Explorer CMD display

2. Displaying the contents of shadow copy in the explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displaying the contents of shadow copy in the explorer: Good day to you all.Came not so much for a solution to the question, but for information, what is the behavior of the system, when in Explorer we open the contents of the snapshot and always see a mirror of the actual contents of this or that object. I can't google the...
  3. Displaying the contents of shadow copy in the explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displaying the contents of shadow copy in the explorer: Good day to you all.Came not so much for a solution to the question, but for information, what is the behavior of the system, when in Explorer we open the contents of the snapshot and always see a mirror of the actual contents of this or that object. I can't google the...
  4. Displaying the contents of shadow copy in the explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File explorer in Windows 10 does not let me display the contents of the root directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer in Windows 10 does not let me display the contents of the root directory.: If I open file explorer and click on "This PC", I find no way to display the contents of C:\. In addition, the files displayed in file explorer are a subset of the actual files in C:\user\userid\.Any suggestions?...
  6. File explorer in Windows 10 does not let me display the contents of the root directory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer in Windows 10 does not let me display the contents of the root directory.: If I open file explorer and click on "This PC", I find no way to display the contents of C:\. In addition, the files displayed in file explorer are a subset of the actual files in C:\user\userid\.Any suggestions?...
  7. File explorer in Windows 10 does not let me display the contents of the root directory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Why are file Explorer and CMD 'dir' sometimes displaying different timestamps?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are file Explorer and CMD 'dir' sometimes displaying different timestamps?: This was asked previously, and not fully answered. Not all files show different times; it appears that the display may only be different for files whose timestamp is not in the DST range when 'dir' is run at a time that is in the DST range and possibly vice-versa? Can someone...
  9. USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs: Hi I have a weird USD drive issue. The drive is a 1TB Western Digital My Passport drive that I use to move files between two PCs running Windows 10 64 bit version. There is a typical example PC 1 delete existing files, copy some new files to the USB drive, safely eject USB...
  10. USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs: Hi I have a weird USD drive issue. The drive is a 1TB Western Digital My Passport drive that I use to move files between two PCs running Windows 10 64 bit version. There is a typical example PC 1 delete existing files, copy some new files to the USB drive, safely eject USB...