Windows 10: Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

Discus and support Explorer and CMD display different directory contents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone explain this? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenjaminDennis, May 31, 2020.

1. Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

Can anyone explain this?

Explorer and CMD display different directory contents e26ca920-9060-4a13-b280-735ff67c7842?upload=true.png

:)

BenjaminDennis, May 31, 2020

2. more pager in cmd

You probably have a problem with your Command Prompt. To find out, I suggest you try this:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32. Now double-click cmd.exe and check if the problem persists.
    • Check on a different machine if the problem occurs there.

Frederik Long, May 31, 2020
  3. Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer address bar

Also, from dos. If I go to S: and list directory (dir) it returns file not found. but if I then cd directoryname it moves into the directory and I can list its contents.

ShaneMacIntyre, May 31, 2020
  4. Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Explorer and CMD display different directory contents Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

1. Explorer and CMD display different directory contents - Similar Threads - Explorer CMD display

2. CMD Active Directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD Active Directory: . . https://www.delmaster.net/246 AD net user / domain cmd . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd%EB%A1%9C-active-directory%EC%97%90/81d92426-cd52-459d-8b33-ac087f14e54d
  3. Explorer Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Directory: I found this directory accidentaly, does anyone know what it is and where did it come from cause i have not accessed the files listed in this folder on this computer...
  4. Explorer displaying User Name not directory path

Explorer displaying User Name not directory path: Hi I have been issued with a works laptop.with Windows 10. I logon with user nam,e e.g. R12345 anmd the home directory is C:\Users\R12345. When I change to C:\Users\R12345 or pin it for quick access Windows Explorer is displaying the folder as my user name "Ray, Sanjay",...
  5. command line directory contents

command line directory contents: when I use 'dir' to see the contents of a directory, I have two subdirectories, one shows up as " <dir> . " and the next as " <dir> .. " What are these seemingly empty directories?...
  6. Environmental variables different in CMD and Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Environmental variables different in CMD and Windows Explorer: When I open environmental variables window I get the following environmental variables:...
  7. USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs: Hi I have a weird USD drive issue. The drive is a 1TB Western Digital My Passport drive that I use to move files between two PCs running Windows 10 64 bit version. There is a typical example PC 1 delete existing files, copy some new files to the USB drive, safely eject USB...
  8. USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs: Hi I have a weird USD drive issue. The drive is a 1TB Western Digital My Passport drive that I use to move files between two PCs running Windows 10 64 bit version. There is a typical example PC 1 delete existing files, copy some new files to the USB drive, safely eject USB...
  9. Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents: I just noticed that several directories in my documents folder have been duplicated exactly including the contents. I have tried to delete these duplicate directories but then my shortcuts no longer work. The backup that I made just 2 days ago does not have these duplicates....
  10. File Explorer Content and Details time difference

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Content and Details time difference: I have transferred some videos from my dash cam to my PC recently. I usually work with View>Details in File Explorer. I was surprised to find that, although the Date modified details matched the video upon pasting (which are correct), one hour has been added when I return to...