Windows 10: Explorer and cmd not starting

Discus and support Explorer and cmd not starting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Explorer.exe doesn't start automatically.. I need to ctrl-alt-canc and start it manually. Once loaded, I try to run cmd.exe and nothing happens..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Putrid-Farter, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Explorer and cmd not starting

Explorer.exe doesn't start automatically.. I need to ctrl-alt-canc and start it manually.

Once loaded, I try to run cmd.exe and nothing happens..

What can I do?

submitted by /u/Putrid-Farter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Putrid-Farter, Apr 2, 2020
  2. new_rez Win User

Not run explorer at start up

Hey guys,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how i can disable explorer from running at start up and instead somehow just have cmd load up?

Cheers

new_rez, Apr 2, 2020
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Explorer and cmd not starting

Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Explorer and cmd not starting

1. Explorer and cmd not starting - Similar Threads - Explorer cmd starting

2. Start cmd as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start cmd as admin: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. Currently, I have PowerShell as the default in Terminal. I need to run cmd as admin; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-cmd-as-admin/06ea4079-be8c-4e33-aa62-2f44257ffddb
  3. Start cmd as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start cmd as admin: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. Currently, I have PowerShell as the default in Terminal. I need to run cmd as admin; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-cmd-as-admin/06ea4079-be8c-4e33-aa62-2f44257ffddb
  4. Start cmd as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't start cmd & powershell as admin

Can't start cmd & powershell as admin: I can no longer start the cmd and powershell as administrator, even by right-clicking to start it as administrator. I tried to do a disk scan and nothing changed, I tried to contact the assistance and I also did the repair-update and also this time nothing changed. Thank you...
  6. Not able to start a hosted network in CMD

Not able to start a hosted network in CMD: I am using Windows 10 and I want to start a hosted network but I am getting this error:I searched on internet, there was a solution in which I had to enable HT mode in device manager but there is no such option available in my system....
  7. CMD pops up on start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD pops up on start-up: Hi all, I was just wondering why my cmd pops up on start up for a split second, then disappear immediately. I have tried to disable start-ups on my task manager and the cmd command sfc/scannow but the cmd still pops up when i boot my computer. Any help is appreciated, thanks!...
  8. Open Cmd on start screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Cmd on start screen?: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to open the command prompt on the start screen? Got Windows 10. Thanks in advance. Cmd auf startbildschirm öffnen?
  9. How to search for cmd in Start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to search for cmd in Start: I'm trying to solve a security issue, and Microsoft have told me to Click Start and search for cmd. How do I do this/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-search-for-cmd-in-start/6a51df54-a50b-4a4e-93ad-1c442e20fb0b"
  10. Explorer process and CMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer process and CMD: Hello guys! I've changed startup shell from explorer.exe to cmd.exe. Now when I type explorer or other combinations in cmd, it opens me only file manager. Any suggestions? Thank you!...