Windows 10: Explorer and taskbar keep freezing after installing Feature update to Windows 10, version...

Discus and support Explorer and taskbar keep freezing after installing Feature update to Windows 10, version... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Surface Pro 4 I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03 as well as quality updates. Now the computer keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TudorDoc, Mar 24, 2019.

1. TudorDoc Win User

Explorer and taskbar keep freezing after installing Feature update to Windows 10, version...

I have Surface Pro 4

I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03 as well as quality updates. Now the computer keeps freezing so that the tesk bar does not work and I cannot use alt-tab to go between applications

I have tried using a restore to go back to before the update but the update is still shown as installed

I have tired going back to an earlier version of windows and still the same problem with the update still showing as installed

What do I do now?

:)

TudorDoc, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2019
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Mar 24, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Explorer and taskbar keep freezing after installing Feature update to Windows 10, version...

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Explorer and taskbar keep freezing after installing Feature update to Windows 10, version... - Similar Threads - Explorer taskbar keep

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 installation: Hey,I just completed the installation the second part of this Feature update. The first part came in November. This seems to be a very good and pliable patch, giving the user real-time choices in working up to the full scope and capacity of the Windows 10 system. And finally,...
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 installation: Hey,I just completed the installation the second part of this Feature update. The first part came in November. This seems to be a very good and pliable patch, giving the user real-time choices in working up to the full scope and capacity of the Windows 10 system. And finally,...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 FREEZES at 48%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 FREEZES at 48%: Hello everyone, I have been trying for months now to make the Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2. I have tried all the fixes/methods mentioned here on the forums and in many other articles too, hoping to successfully get the update, however nothings worked out...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 FREEZES at 48%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 FREEZES at 48%: Hello everyone, I have been trying for months now to make the Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2. I have tried all the fixes/methods mentioned here on the forums and in many other articles too, hoping to successfully get the update, however nothings worked out...
  7. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 FREEZES at 48%

8. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1909 keeps installing

Feature update to Windows 10 version 1909 keeps installing: I’ve just got a new laptop, a huawei matebook x pro. Under windows updates it keeps saying i have the feature update 1909 to install. I install it, it runs up to 100%, says “pending install” then starts again from 0%. anyone know why and how to fix it?...
  9. The Windows 10 feature update, version 1909 is not installed

The Windows 10 feature update, version 1909 is not installed: Why can't the feature update of Windows 10, version 1909 be downloaded and installed correctly on my PC? Every day, when I look for updates, the download status is indicated as Pending Download. After a while, it says: Downloading 0% but when the download progress has...
  10. Windows 10 Feature Update, version 1903 not installing

Windows 10 Feature Update, version 1903 not installing: A few days ago I got a notification telling me to update my Windows. After restarting my system I saw that it was requesting me to download and install the updates again. Repeat this for about 3 days, trying to troubleshoot as many things as I could, I still can't get it to...