Windows 10: Explorer automatically jumps to Homegroup (Especally after paste)

Discus and support Explorer automatically jumps to Homegroup (Especally after paste) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having a very frustrating problem in Windows 10 (Home, version 1511 OS build 10586.164). Whenever I am in any folder, explorer will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Samwise, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Samwise Win User

Explorer automatically jumps to Homegroup (Especally after paste)

I have been having a very frustrating problem in Windows 10 (Home, version 1511 OS build 10586.164).

Whenever I am in any folder, explorer will sometimes just jump to the Homegroup directory, and I have to navigate all the way back to whatever directory I was in. This happens almost every time I do a copy/paste. It happens right after I perform the paste function, whether I use the mouse and select from the drop-down menu or use Ctrl V. This doesn't happen every single time, but around 80% of the time. Other times it will navigate to Homegroup if I just leave a folder open for a while.

I've tried disabling the Homegroup Provider and Homegroup Listener services since I never use Homegroup, but even this doesn't work. Somehow it can still automatically navigate to homegroup.

I haven't found any help after searching forums extensively so I'm hoping someone on this one can help me out.

Thanks!
    -

:)

Samwise, Mar 16, 2016

2. File explorer suddenly jumps to homegroup

I have a windows 10 machine, and the file explorer suddenly jumps to homegroup, which since I don't use the homegroup, the page that says "no other homegroup PCs are available right now".

This has become ridiculous and it seems like there is no pattern in what causes this sudden jump.

When I try to change a name of a file, it jumps. When I copy/paste a file, it jumps. When I save a file, it jumps. Even when I just leave it for few seconds, it jumps.

I have disabled homegroup in services, but nothing have changed. I never used a homegroup before, and I never plan to use it in the future. But this stupid features continuously succeeds in annoying me so much that I want to crush my computer.

I really want this fixed. I can't get my job done because of this.

Please help me, thank you.

ShunOmagari, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File explorer suddenly jumps to homegroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to login to safe mode and check if the issue persist.

Perform clean boot

Check if the issue persists, in safe mode.

Follow the steps to login to safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

If the issue does not persist in safe mode, then perform a clean boot to from safe mode to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Important Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

Explorer automatically jumps to Homegroup (Especally after paste)

1. Explorer automatically jumps to Homegroup (Especally after paste) - Similar Threads - Explorer automatically jumps

2. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  3. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  4. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?

How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?: Here is the situation...1. From Acrobat, I hit [Save as PDF File]2. A Windows Explorer window opens, I click on [Finances], and the window looks like the first image...3. I then mouse over [Taxes], but before I can click on the folder to open it, my view jumps down and...
  6. How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?: Here is the situation...1. From Acrobat, I hit [Save as PDF File]2. A Windows Explorer window opens, I click on [Finances], and the window looks like the first image...3. I then mouse over [Taxes], but before I can click on the folder to open it, my view jumps down and...
  7. How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows explorer jumping to top

Windows explorer jumping to top: When using windows explorer to search for a file, after a few seconds the screen will suddenly jump to the top, meaning I either then have navigate back to where I was or end up clicking on the wrong folder. Before you say anything: I don't have Automatically Pick and Accent...
  9. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  10. mouse pointer jumps automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse pointer jumps automatically: I recently bought new laptop from HP with Windows 10 Preinstalled. I noticed that while using touchpad, sometimes the mouse pointer jumps and goes to another place than the place earlier it was. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooted the problem,...