Windows 10: Explorer can't find any network device

Discus and support Explorer can't find any network device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi to everyone, I've just performed a fresh install of Windows 10 1909, after some hardware changes, and now my pc can't find any device in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leonardo Pennati, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Explorer can't find any network device

Hi to everyone,

I've just performed a fresh install of Windows 10 1909, after some hardware changes, and now my pc can't find any device in my network; sometime it can discover my router, but after some seconds it disappears. I've followed some suggestion under some similar question but none of them worked for me.

The network card that I have is a Realtek RTL8111H.

Thanks in advice for any help.

:)

Leonardo Pennati, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Frank C Win User

Explorer missing a network device

Hi,
    Missing network device - EXTERNALDRIVE
    Since the last Windows 10 update which I installed on Dec. 9 I am missing one devices in Explorer > Network on one of three network computers.
    They are all present on the other two computers. One of these is Windows 10., the other is Vista Premium.
    The complete device list under network is Frankspc, Charlottespc, and Sue_ASUS and ExternalDrive.
    The missing device on the Explorer list on Frankspc is EXTERNALDRIVE. I can ping it at 192.168.1.3
    Any Ideas on how to get it back in the Explorer list?
    Thanks

HP Envy
    Windows 10

Frank C, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Philip JD Win User
    Network Devices Not Showing in File Explorer

Windows 10. Have Desktop 1, Laptop 1, Desktop 2 and D-Link Network Storage in Home Network. Router/Modem is AT&T/DirecTV for telephone, TV and Internet. Internet works fine. Do not think any problem with Router/Modem. Network devices do not show in File
    Explorer, consistently, notwithstanding that they are online and can be accessed, albeit in a sort of a workaround. I have had this problem for some time. Desktop 1 is primary computer. Network storage is always powered on. Laptop 1 and Desktop 2 are sometimes
    on, sometimes off. When Desktop 1 is powered on, hit or miss as to what other network devices, even though powered on, are listed in "Network" in File Explorer. Sometimes Laptop 1 will be listed on Desktop 1 File Explorer. But no others. Not even Desktop 1
    is itself listed in Network. At same time, I will then move to Laptop 1, and look at Network in File Explorer on it. Desktop 1 is not listed. Nor is Laptop 1 itself listed. As a workaround, at a time when a device, or more than 1 device, listed, I placed a
    shortcut to the device on my desktop. Thus, if device not listed in Network, I click the shortcut and I can access that device to, e.g., copy a file. So, the device is on line. This is true for all the devices. However, when another program needs to access
    a device on the network, such as using Acronis Backup/Restore from Desktop 1 to access the Network Storage, it cannot do so because the NAS "cannot be found." This is true even though I know it is actually on-line by use of the shortcut in accessing it directly.
    Sometimes, purely by happenstance, I boot one or the other of the computers, and some, or all, of the network devices will show in File Explorer > Network; more often, none, or only 1, will show. I have tried unplugging / replugging power, on all devices.
    I have booted only one, then another one, then another one, all in various order. I have "studied" Control Panel > Network till I'm blue in the face and can't seem to find any solution to this anomaly. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas out there?

Philip JD, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Carnivore Win User

Explorer can't find any network device

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Explorer can't find any network device

1. Explorer can't find any network device - Similar Threads - Explorer can't find

2. Bluetooth not finding any devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not finding any devices: Recently I have tried to connect some Bluetooth devices headphones, PS5 controller to my windows machine but when going to settings > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth, none of the devices I'm trying to connect are showing up. Only a single...
  3. Bluetooth not finding any devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not finding any devices: Recently I have tried to connect some Bluetooth devices headphones, PS5 controller to my windows machine but when going to settings > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth, none of the devices I'm trying to connect are showing up. Only a single...
  4. Bluetooth not finding any devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't view networked devices in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't view networked devices in File Explorer?: Would be grateful for any assistance... Following the successful clean install of a dual boot desktop PC (W10 Pro V20H2 on one HDD, Ubuntu on the the second), I can no longer view any (of five) networked devices in W10 Pro File Explorer. I'm particularly interested in my NAS...
  6. Windows 10 Can't find ANY bluetooth device

Windows 10 Can't find ANY bluetooth device: Just recently, Windows 10 failed update broke my computer to the point W10 had to be reinstalled at a repair shop. Before that, I'd no problems pairing Bluetooth devices on my laptop. But after it, despite having all drivers up to date, my laptop can't find my Bluetooth...
  7. Network Adaptor Suddenly Can't Find Any Networks

Network Adaptor Suddenly Can't Find Any Networks: Hello, Two days ago, my desktop stopped detecting wifi networks out of the blue. My phone and work laptop can easily pick up the 6+ networks in my area, but for some reason my computer can no longer find any. The desktop does still work over ethernet or via a USB tethered...
  8. Bluetooth can't find any nearby devices

Bluetooth can't find any nearby devices: I have a laptop SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK NP300 My Bluetooth device is active, No antivirus is installed except Windows Defender. Problem: Whenever I try to pair with a device it kept on searching in ADD A DEVICE. I've tried troubleshooting and try to update the driver from...
  9. PC can't find any network device and ping anyone in the local network

PC can't find any network device and ping anyone in the local network: Hi to everyone, I've just performed a fresh install of Windows 10 1909, after some hardware changes, and now my pc can't find any device in my network; sometime it can discover my router, but after some seconds it disappears. I've followed some suggestion under some similar...
  10. Can't find any devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't find any devices: I recently got Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but I can't download any of the games I want to play on to my PC. I constantly keep getting this every time I try to install a game. I do what is told of me and the Laptop that I try to download the games on is linked to the "device" in...