Windows 10: Explorer changes Folder into System File

Discus and support Explorer changes Folder into System File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not going to attach a screenshot because it is rather personal. A folder open in Explorer with a few files and one subfolder (containing a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dryden22, Sep 18, 2016.

1. dryden22 Win User

Explorer changes Folder into System File

I am not going to attach a screenshot because it is rather personal.

A folder open in Explorer with a few files and one subfolder (containing a few documents) suddenly morphed (in Explorer) into a system file. Using a DOS prompt it is easy to find that they are in fact still images in a directory; the directory is still there.

I just wanted to mention this here for our progenity. Copying (in dos) all the files to a new directory doesn't change the view and it will not update the view of the folder to include the new subdirectory.

Making a copy of the folder just restored the "contents" for both the folder and the copy. I'm not sure. It seems not that hard to restore this view. It's just rather weird that it happened.

Regards.

:)

dryden22, Sep 18, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 18, 2016
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Disk Space reduce after using Media Creation Tool

When you use the cleanup tool do you scan for system files as a second step. Also change the setting in File Explorer to show hidden and system then protected files and then take a look at the C:\ drive in File Explorer and see if there are any large folders.

neilpzz, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

Explorer changes Folder into System File

1. Explorer changes Folder into System File - Similar Threads - Explorer changes Folder

2. changing file and folder attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    changing file and folder attributes: Hi I have a large number of photos i need to tag, want to use the properties attributes, is there any way of changing the Location attribute, maybe an application ? Title & Subjest were easy....... Thanks 132033
  3. Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer: The one drive on my PC always showing uploading files around 205 MB in administrator account but it will stuck to uploading around 25 MB and then again starts from around 10 MB and will again go to around 25 or 27 MB and will continue doing this. There are files in the...
  4. File Explorer won't load folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer won't load folders.: Since yesterday the File Explorer on Windows 10 doesn't the folders at all and when it does it it is REALLY slow. I restarted my computer and sometimes the issue was solved but then it came back....
  5. How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer: By default, I want to open my file explorer in win10 in a specific folder. I have tried to create a shortcut with that folder and have put that shortcut in the taskbar but it is changed to the normal file explorer....
  6. file explorer's frequent folders quantity

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer's frequent folders quantity: is it possible to change the File Explorer's Frequent Folders maximum to 20 (or any other number)? 119675
  7. [?] - Changing explorer folder color possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    [?] - Changing explorer folder color possible?: [img] 52828
  8. Sudden Copy/Paste Folders in File Explorer Behavior Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Copy/Paste Folders in File Explorer Behavior Change: File Explorer used to give me the option to either overwrite or skip existing files when copying a folder from one drive to another to replace a same name folder on the target drive. Today, that option dialog disappeared and the copy-paste process resulted in the automatic...
  9. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...
  10. Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer: I’m using Windows 10 Home V.1607 OS Build 14393.1593. I recently installed Boxcryptor but later decided against it and uninstalled it, but I notice that a Boxcryptor icon is still shown in File Explorer (the 1st item after Desktop) in the Navigation Pane. It also appears in...