Windows 10: Explorer changes Folder into System File

Discus and support Explorer changes Folder into System File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not going to attach a screenshot because it is rather personal. A folder open in Explorer with a few files and one subfolder (containing a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dryden22, Sep 18, 2016.

1. dryden22 Win User

Explorer changes Folder into System File

I am not going to attach a screenshot because it is rather personal.

A folder open in Explorer with a few files and one subfolder (containing a few documents) suddenly morphed (in Explorer) into a system file. Using a DOS prompt it is easy to find that they are in fact still images in a directory; the directory is still there.

I just wanted to mention this here for our progenity. Copying (in dos) all the files to a new directory doesn't change the view and it will not update the view of the folder to include the new subdirectory.

Making a copy of the folder just restored the "contents" for both the folder and the copy. I'm not sure. It seems not that hard to restore this view. It's just rather weird that it happened.

Regards.

:)

dryden22, Sep 18, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 18, 2016
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Disk Space reduce after using Media Creation Tool

When you use the cleanup tool do you scan for system files as a second step. Also change the setting in File Explorer to show hidden and system then protected files and then take a look at the C:\ drive in File Explorer and see if there are any large folders.

neilpzz, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

Explorer changes Folder into System File

1. Explorer changes Folder into System File - Similar Threads - Explorer changes Folder

2. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: System Folders Rename: Hello,Can someone help me how to remove this folder, it was "downloads" but it changed to "music".How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-system-folders-rename/6865b745-746d-4a69-9ae7-782d2906c01e
  3. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: System Folders Rename: Hello,Can someone help me how to remove this folder, it was "downloads" but it changed to "music".How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-system-folders-rename/6865b745-746d-4a69-9ae7-782d2906c01e
  4. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder: GracedHail39094 asked on on September 7, 2021 "Since some weeks, the File explorer icon in the Windows task bar changes depending on which folder is active. So when the file explorer shows the Desktop folder, I get a different icon in the task bar than when I'm in the...
  6. How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer?: Is there a way to assign the "system" flag to a folder in File Explorer (=through GUI)? The only way I found so far is a command line command attrib +s D:\mysysfld\ After having assigned this flag the folder is still shown in File Explorer although I enabled "Hide system...
  7. Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer: Microsoft is engaged in an annoying game of intentional behavior modification. Win 10 is making everything default to the OneDrive folder, and they're putting the OneDrive listing prominently so that if you aren't extra careful, you put your stuff in that folder and not the...
  8. File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.: In File Explorer under Downloads, the folders/files are listed as A-H, I-P, Q-Z, and Unspecified. How this happened, I don't know. What I do know is that I don't like it. How to get it back to Default? docs and Music and Pics are not like this. I'm at a loss. I've clicked on...
  9. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  10. Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files: I am using version 1903 build 18362.535. In version 1809, whenever I removed the system assigned "My..." user folders, Windows restored them occasionally. Now in 1903, I removed them and Windows replaced the folders with "system files". So now the My Documents .etc . . files...