Windows 10: Explorer "Close all windows" completely stopped working

Discus and support Explorer "Close all windows" completely stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden, when I have multiple File Explorer windows open, right clicking the "Close All Windows" button does nothing at all. This started about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thenin, May 14, 2021.

1. Thenin Win User

Explorer "Close all windows" completely stopped working

All of a sudden, when I have multiple File Explorer windows open, right clicking the "Close All Windows" button does nothing at all. This started about two weeks ago. I've run SFC full and it found no errors to speak of (I replaced a lock screen image that I hated, so the hash didn't match). I've also run Kasperski AV full and without exclusions, nothing non-trivial. I ran Kasperski's vulnerability scan, but the only thing it found was an out of date Firefox (which I fixed). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed, please? Thanks! Windows version: 64-bit Pro 1909

:)

Thenin, May 14, 2021
  2. natr0n Win User
    natr0n, May 14, 2021
  3. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Explorer "Close all windows" completely stopped working :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Explorer "Close all windows" completely stopped working - Similar Threads - Explorer Close completely

2. All Windows functions stopped working completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Windows functions stopped working completely: All Windows functions stopped working completely. Start button/menu, search bar, all Windows file icons, recycling bin etc are all not opening error when trying to open file icon says "no such interface supported". Unable to try any of the suggestions I've found on the...
  3. All Windows functions stopped working completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Windows functions stopped working completely: All Windows functions stopped working completely. Start button/menu, search bar, all Windows file icons, recycling bin etc are all not opening error when trying to open file icon says "no such interface supported". Unable to try any of the suggestions I've found on the...
  4. All Windows functions stopped working completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close": Hi all,I am using Windows 10 Home Premium and have recently found that the software that I use in my role as a musician and graphic designer are all prone to the same exact error "xxx.exe has stopped working and close."These are various art and music production programs,...
  6. Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close": Hi all,I am using Windows 10 Home Premium and have recently found that the software that I use in my role as a musician and graphic designer are all prone to the same exact error "xxx.exe has stopped working and close."These are various art and music production programs,...
  7. Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Explorer stops interacting with Windows and closes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer stops interacting with Windows and closes: I wonder if anyone can help? Since yesterday, one of my PCs has effectively frozen where Windows Explorer is concerned. It takes several minutes to perform the simplest task, such as a file transfer. In addition to this, the Windows taskbar and start menu freeeze. Windows...
  9. Does closing the lid stop Windows updates completing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does closing the lid stop Windows updates completing?: To switch off a laptop we can click on 'Start / Shutdown' or press the power button. In the event we did this when Windows was in the middle of installing updates then the update process continues to complete the installation before fully switching off and we can see this...
  10. Windows Explorer is being closed all the time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer is being closed all the time: Good evening dear Microsoft Community I have a pretty serious problem... Every time I open Windows Explorer and go to the videos, images, 3D objects or other folders, the whole UI is reloaded (just like when I restart Windows Explorer in Task Manager). This again means that...