Windows 10: Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer

Discus and support Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've just updated to win10 build 1607 (or whatever the latest number is) this morning and when I completed the update, I noticed the task bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rise, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Rise Win User

Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer

Hi, I've just updated to win10 build 1607 (or whatever the latest number is) this morning and when I completed the update, I noticed the task bar constantly refreshing every 3-5 seconds. I believe the issue to be related to Daemon tools pro which keeps popping up a message saying the program is not compatible with this version of Windows. Unfortunately, when I try to uninstall it through add/remove programs in safe mode, explorer crashes and I'm unable to do so. edit: I'm able to use fire explorer in safe mode and changed some of the daemon tools filenames (didn't help)

Is there any way to disable Daemon tools to see if it is causing my issue? I can open control panel in safe mode, but again I can't uninstall it. I can open explorer in regular mode but as soon as I right click or try to change directories, it freezes on me.

Thoughts?

:)

2. DrJL Win User

Spontaneous refreshing after latest update

My laptop just experienced a pretty significant Windows update earlier this week. Since the update, every program I run, including the home screen and File Explorer experiences a screen refresh every 5-10 seconds.

Is there something I can do to remedy this?

3. sclady2 Win User
    Internet Explorer constantly stops working for a few seconds

Internet Explorer constantly stops working for a few seconds. This seems to happen EVERY 10 min. It doesn't matter what

site I'm on. This has made my laptop useless. Trying to get anything done takes forever. Help!!

[Original title: Internet Explorer]

sclady2, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

As it says at the top of the fourm and each thread:
    Please do not post anything other than Windows 10 Blue Screen Of Death problems in this section.

This is not a BSOD problem so would be better posted in General Support | Windows 10 Forums

Ztruker, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer - Similar Threads - Explorer constantly refreshing

2. Windows Explorer Application Error - Windows Explorer Crashes and Restarts Every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explorer Application Error - Windows Explorer Crashes and Restarts Every 5 Seconds: I made several software updates that required a reboot. After reboot, Windows Explorer began recycling crashing and restarting approx. every 5 seconds. The visible systems included taskbar not being populated with the expected icons, the taskbar and desktop including icons...
  3. Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds: Hello guys, Since this morning my PC HP Laptop ; Windows 10 Pro ; 64 Bits ; build 1903 - 18362.1082 get a bug where my Windows Files Explorer stop working and then restart everytime by itself. I have check a little bit the task manager and there is the result : [ATTACH]...
  4. Icons in Windows Explorer constantly refreshing, high CPU for explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons in Windows Explorer constantly refreshing, high CPU for explorer: Hi, When an explorer window of some directory is open, the icons on desktop and the taskbar keep refreshing every other second and explorer.exe has a really high CPU load. I already tried sfc /scannow, removing IconCache.db and disabling automatic color selection on desktop...
  5. Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?: My Windows 10 64-bit workstation is very stable, and has been so for at least 2 years. Never crashes or locks up. Easily the best and most reliable Windows workstation I've ever owned. However, recently when I move files or do file-related things in Windows Explorer, the...
  6. Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds: My girlfriend's laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 330S) keeps continuously refreshing Explorer, roughly every 3-5 seconds. Does anyone know of a solution for this? submitted by /u/Sulzer685 [link] [comments]...
  7. Explorer.exe is constantly refreshing every 20~30 seconds.

Explorer.exe is constantly refreshing every 20~30 seconds.: Okay so recently windows explorer.exe has started to suspend its process and relaunch itself every 20~30 seconds (Can be seen in the Task Manager) where the taskbar would just disappear and reappear along with the desktop, and I can't get anything done with it going crazy all...
  8. Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds.

Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds.: Hi Every time when I open a folder and scroll down, after every 20 to 30 seconds, the Explorer refreshes itself and goes back to the start of the page. Also, when I rename a file and have to type something, most of the time the Explorer refreshes while I am typing, and the...
  9. Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 1709, I've noticed that Windows Explorer is refusing to automatically refresh files and folders when a change is made. For example, if I download a file and then delete that file, Explorer prompts if I want to delete the file. I press yes and yet the...
  10. Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer: Hi, I've just updated to win10 build 1607 (or whatever the latest number is) this morning and when I completed the update, I noticed the task bar constantly refreshing every 3-5 seconds. I believe the issue to be related to Daemon tools pro which keeps popping up a message...