Windows 10: Explorer context menu new items are missing

Discus and support Explorer context menu new items are missing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kim Heewoon, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Explorer context menu new items are missing

Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in that list anymore. So I have to do this manually by opening PowerPoint > New. But weird, other apps like Publisher and Access are still there.Is this a known issue?If so, is there a fix?Thanks in advance!

:)

Kim Heewoon, Jan 13, 2022

2. New option (Menu item) is missing in context menu (Desktop or Windows Explorer).

When I right mouse click in windows 10 the context menu is missing new file folder option

***Modified Title from: When I right mouse click in Windows 10 the context menu is missing new filefolder***

MarkWilliston, Jan 13, 2022
  3. User919 Win User
    User919, Jan 13, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Explorer context menu new items are missing

Word Context Menu Item Missing

Hi, I explored creating additional New menu entries some time back, finding office suites other than MS's typically don't create them.

This is a good overview:
    How to Add Other File Types to the New Item Menu in Windows 10’s File Explorer

and I've attached what I did with some reg files.

This may also be of interest:

Explorer context menu new items are missing [​IMG]

Hopefully someone with the same Office suite as yours will compare their registry keys.

dalchina, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

Explorer context menu new items are missing

1. Explorer context menu new items are missing - Similar Threads - Explorer context menu

2. For explorer context menu, how do I restore missing new shortcut item?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For explorer context menu, how do I restore missing new shortcut item?: For Windows 11 I performed a registry edit a month ago to restore "new" items to the explore right-click context menu. Recently I found the new shortcut item is missing. How can I restore it? Registry entries on a different machine are the same for hcr\file, hcr\folder,...
  3. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  4. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  5. Adding items to the New context menu.

Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  6. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  7. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  8. Adding an item to the new context menu.

Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  9. Rename item in New context menu

Rename item in New context menu: There are many well descripted sources about how to add/delete item from context menu new – for instance Edit, Add, Remove items from New Context Menu in Windows 10 – but none of them states how to rename such item in reliable way. I found article Change Name/Description...
  10. New option (Menu item) is missing in context menu (Desktop or Windows Explorer).

New option (Menu item) is missing in context menu (Desktop or Windows Explorer).: When I right mouse click in windows 10 the context menu is missing new file folder option ***Modified Title from: When I right mouse click in Windows 10 the context menu is missing new filefolder***...