Windows 10: Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text]

Discus and support Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text] in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am having major issues with Windows Explorer since the last Win 10 update. I have been trying to transfer contents of folders that a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chicken_Spanker, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text]

I am having major issues with Windows Explorer since the last Win 10 update. I have been trying to transfer contents of folders that a few hundred/thousand picture files. These are small in size and under 200k. Picking up and dragging the folder use to take about 2 minutes max.

Since the latest update, explorer has been slowing waaaaay down. A transfer of only a couple of hundred files can take 15 minute, larger size 20 minutes plus.

During the process CPU in file manager is running at 99-100% usage and slowing the system down so badly I can't even move the mouse.

Any suggestions? Before I start I should say I have run malware checks and nothing shows up. Nor is there any running program in Details on Task Manager that seems to be consuming anything more than 250,000 k

submitted by /u/Chicken_Spanker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chicken_Spanker, Nov 22, 2019

2. CPU Usage 100% and idle process is 100%

My CPU usage shows permanently 100% in task manager (in "Processes" tab) even my system idle process (in "Details" tab) is almost 100% and the CPU runs hot - fan is permanently on - CPU speed (in "Performance" tab) is always a bit above maximum speed!!!
    McAfee doen't show any virus problem. HP Spectre.

OttoFluder, Nov 22, 2019
  3. CPU Usage 100%

Hello,

First time posting here so hopefully someone can help me out.

Today out of the blue my CPU usage has gone up to 100% according to task manager. The strange part is according to the detailed section the System Idle task is taking up 90-99% CPU which is normal from what I have read. So I'm confused about why the main
    page is showing 100% all the sudden.

According to OpenHardwareMonitor CPU usage is only 1-5%.

The main cause that I noticed is when I launched the program Bandicam is when I noticed this issue. Although I'm not sure if Bandicam is the cause.

One last note is my fans are running pretty high. So I highly doubt that 90-99% of my CPU is idle.

I have my system shut down currently to see if after leaving it off for a while if the system will cool and fans won't be running so high. But I doubt that will fix the 100% CPU problem.

Any advice?

Thanks so much in advance!!

fishcharlie, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Wysiwig Win User

Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text]

cpu usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100% from start up for no apparently good reason. Service Host appears to be the problem but I cant narrow it down more than that at present.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10 full release version 64 bit.

Wysiwig, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text]

1. Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text] - Similar Threads - Explorer CPU usage

2. CPU Usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Usage at 100%: Hi, When i open up Task manager it says my cpu is at 100% and says antimalware service exe and task manager are using the most but when i close them it still says 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-at-100/d9db3004-9503-4999-ba98-d754a4569f80
  3. System interrupts 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System interrupts 100% CPU usage: I've been having an intermittent problem for a while now whereby Windows 10 (build 18362.418) will become completely unresponsive for about a couple of minutes. If I'm quick and launch Task Manager after it becomes responsive I can see that the System Interrupts entry is...
  4. 100% CPU usage

100% CPU usage: So as you can see from the picture below, i have 100% CPU usage and it doesnt even add up to 100% half of the time. After being connected to MS support for about an hour, the only thing they have 'helped' me with is uninstalling chrome so that I may use edge to reinstall it...
  5. cpu usage 100 %

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu usage 100 %: hey i have this problem where the cpu usage is 100 everytime i open a game , earlier i had the same problem but by tweaking the setting i was able to eradicate the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-100/daf2fb0b-4faf-42e3-ba66-1f115759346f
  6. 100% Disk Usage, Slowing Down PC. Anything?

100% Disk Usage, Slowing Down PC. Anything?: Often times I get 100% disk usage on my PC. I searched on the internet previously about why I was getting this. I originally thought this was a normal problem. Anytime I get 100% disk usage, my PC starts slowing down and things start running slower. This for some reason...
  7. Network copying slows down entire system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network copying slows down entire system: Been trying to copy 50gb from my synology to a USB hd disk. This causes the entire system to not respond well.. If I hit the pause button on the copy window everything works again perfectly. So I tested to a local Hard Drive.. Same copy movement. No issues then. So the...
  8. 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU Usage: I just had a strange event. My laptop's CPU usage hit 100% and stayed there, and the fan came on even though the CPU and HD temps were normal (CPU 44-47C, HD: 39-42C). Any thoughts on what happened? Restarting seems to have fixed it, at least temporarily. I'm doing a virus...
  9. Windows 10 Painfully slow - 100% CPU Usage

Windows 10 Painfully slow - 100% CPU Usage: Hey, since today this random issue has popped up, where my computer slows down dramatically and my CPU usage soars to 100%, even though nothing in my processes is even that high, It happens in any program, such as if I'm gaming or browsing the web, and everything grinds to a...
  10. 100% CPU usage.

100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...