Windows 10: Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text]

Discus and support Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text] in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am having major issues with Windows Explorer since the last Win 10 update. I have been trying to transfer contents of folders that a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chicken_Spanker, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text]

I am having major issues with Windows Explorer since the last Win 10 update. I have been trying to transfer contents of folders that a few hundred/thousand picture files. These are small in size and under 200k. Picking up and dragging the folder use to take about 2 minutes max.

Since the latest update, explorer has been slowing waaaaay down. A transfer of only a couple of hundred files can take 15 minute, larger size 20 minutes plus.

During the process CPU in file manager is running at 99-100% usage and slowing the system down so badly I can't even move the mouse.

Any suggestions? Before I start I should say I have run malware checks and nothing shows up. Nor is there any running program in Details on Task Manager that seems to be consuming anything more than 250,000 k

submitted by /u/Chicken_Spanker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chicken_Spanker, Nov 22, 2019

2. CPU Usage 100% and idle process is 100%

My CPU usage shows permanently 100% in task manager (in "Processes" tab) even my system idle process (in "Details" tab) is almost 100% and the CPU runs hot - fan is permanently on - CPU speed (in "Performance" tab) is always a bit above maximum speed!!!
    McAfee doen't show any virus problem. HP Spectre.

OttoFluder, Nov 22, 2019
  3. CPU Usage 100%

Hello,

First time posting here so hopefully someone can help me out.

Today out of the blue my CPU usage has gone up to 100% according to task manager. The strange part is according to the detailed section the System Idle task is taking up 90-99% CPU which is normal from what I have read. So I'm confused about why the main
    page is showing 100% all the sudden.

According to OpenHardwareMonitor CPU usage is only 1-5%.

The main cause that I noticed is when I launched the program Bandicam is when I noticed this issue. Although I'm not sure if Bandicam is the cause.

One last note is my fans are running pretty high. So I highly doubt that 90-99% of my CPU is idle.

I have my system shut down currently to see if after leaving it off for a while if the system will cool and fans won't be running so high. But I doubt that will fix the 100% CPU problem.

Any advice?

Thanks so much in advance!!

fishcharlie, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Wysiwig Win User

Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text]

cpu usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100% from start up for no apparently good reason. Service Host appears to be the problem but I cant narrow it down more than that at present.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10 full release version 64 bit.

Wysiwig, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text]

1. Explorer CPU usage at 100%, slowing entire system down [details in text] - Similar Threads - Explorer CPU usage

2. Taskhostw.exe CPU usage 100% slowing everything down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskhostw.exe CPU usage 100% slowing everything down: I hope someone is able to help as I have spent the entire weekend driving myself insane trying to fix this. My laptop started running slow and freezing. I use it for writing and emails, no gaming or anything exciting. It turns out my CPU usage is at 100% due to...
  3. Taskhostw.exe CPU usage 100% slowing everything down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskhostw.exe CPU usage 100% slowing everything down: I hope someone is able to help as I have spent the entire weekend driving myself insane trying to fix this. My laptop started running slow and freezing. I use it for writing and emails, no gaming or anything exciting. It turns out my CPU usage is at 100% due to...
  4. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage: Same problem, new clean installation is not helping and Malwarebytes is not finding anything. When I open task manager it shows System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage and then disappears. If l leave open task manager then System Interrupts does not come up. I noticed this 100% cuz...
  5. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage: Same problem, new clean installation is not helping and Malwarebytes is not finding anything. When I open task manager it shows System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage and then disappears. If l leave open task manager then System Interrupts does not come up. I noticed this 100% cuz...
  6. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage: Year 2021, and still people are facing System Interrupts that eat up 100% CPU Usage, unless you open task manager.Once you do that and magically system stops to load my PC to the fullest. I found some analogue question without resolution dated 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.I have...
  8. Extremely slow PC with 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow PC with 100% CPU usage: For about a month, my PC has been extremely slow (to the point that it's unusable) with 100% CPU usage (caused by system interrupts). When I looked into it, I saw that the program ShellExperienceHost.exe was repeatedly crashing. I cannot interact with my taskbar at all. I...
  9. CPU usage 100% at Windows 10, system is very slow

CPU usage 100% at Windows 10, system is very slow: Hello. I have a problem with windows 10. When I turn on my laptop, at windows startup my laptop's CPU usage is 100 percent and it takes about 10-15 minutes and specially when I connect to internet it takes longer and my system runs really slow and I cannot do anything in my...
  10. System interrupts 100% CPU usage

System interrupts 100% CPU usage: I've been having an intermittent problem for a while now whereby Windows 10 (build 18362.418) will become completely unresponsive for about a couple of minutes. If I'm quick and launch Task Manager after it becomes responsive I can see that the System Interrupts entry is...