Windows 10: explorer crash loop tied to online account

Discus and support explorer crash loop tied to online account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; got this hp g60 500 and setup win10 on a clean drive. during setup i get the updates and sign into my online MS account. when the desktop finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bloort, Apr 14, 2020.

1. bloort Win User

explorer crash loop tied to online account

got this hp g60 500 and setup win10 on a clean drive. during setup i get the updates and sign into my online MS account. when the desktop finally loads, it's explorer crash loop time. if i setup from clean drive and choose a local only account it runs fine. now that i'm running windows just fine, i was able to log in, and then do the pin number thing. but if i dare try to download anything from the app store, as soon as i click on something....kaboom. loop loop looop. so i figured i would revert back to local sign on. tried the app store again. click on cortana setup app. kaboom. windows 10 sure is pretty...nice to look at...just don[t run anything or depend on it it seems. mind you, this is pretty old hardware i suppose, but still, on my newer machines, things just aren't very reliable like the win7 machine that gets rebooted maybe 4 times a year, and zero issues.

sfc no problems. startup repair can't...of course, but it starts up fine. copying explorer was an interesting idea, but that didn't help. there's nothing 3rd party on it...its a new build. if the explorer loop would sync up with my music, i might leave it like that and enjoy the light show, but alas no. any ideas? it happened on the desktop too, and i just reinstalled i think, or maybe i went local first...anyhow, no trouble on the old desktop, installed from the same usb drive.

:)

bloort, Apr 14, 2020

2. Stuck in explorer crash loop

Hello!

Today, out of nowhere, I started having problems with explorer. When right-clicking on the desktop (or icons on it) explorer would crash and restart itself a few seconds later (icons disappear, taskbar disappears, etc...).

I looked for a solution online and many people suggested installing ShellExView and disabling everything non-Microsoft and then re-enabling them one by one to find the culprit. Actually, disabling every non-Microsoft entry made things much worse for me, as explorer would go into a crash loop (crash, restart, crash, and so on...). For some reason I though updating Windows would help me fix everything, but after applying updates and restarting I noticed nothing had changed and now I'm stuck in the loop right after login (I basically cannot do anything except launch stuff through the task manager).

I'm currently in safe mode, and everything works fine here, but I have no idea how to fix the problem. I tried reverting to the previous build, it failed (generic error, don't really remember it). I tried restoring to a previous restore point, it failed. Even resetting failed. I just guess I'll have to reinstall w10 from scratch, I just wanted to know if there was something else to try out before doing that.

Sorry for the long post! (or maybe it looks long in safe mode because of the low resolution *Biggrin )

CaptainTuna, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Bundy Win User

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. explorer crash loop tied to online account - Similar Threads - explorer crash loop

2. Explorer crash on online video buffering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crash on online video buffering: Hi guys.My explorer crashes when i play a video on youtube at first like it freezes and restarts...Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crash-on-online-video-buffering/ac41215e-40b7-460e-95b5-e4ced5adedaf
  3. Explorer crash on online video buffering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crash on online video buffering: Hi guys.My explorer crashes when i play a video on youtube at first like it freezes and restarts...Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crash-on-online-video-buffering/ac41215e-40b7-460e-95b5-e4ced5adedaf
  4. Explorer crash on online video buffering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll: I'm having recurring issues which cause explorer.exe to crash. Problem details are:So far I have tried the following:- Booted into safe mode, confirmed fine issue persists in safe mode with networking- Updated graphics driver as well as others seemed to fix the issue briefly,...
  6. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll: I'm having recurring issues which cause explorer.exe to crash. Problem details are:So far I have tried the following:- Booted into safe mode, confirmed fine issue persists in safe mode with networking- Updated graphics driver as well as others seemed to fix the issue briefly,...
  7. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  8. explorer crash loop

explorer crash loop: Everytime I start my computer, I get a windows explrorer crash loop, it crashes, restarts and crashes again every few seconds. It stops after about 10 minutes and then starts normally.I have tried sfc and dism. I have tried clean boot and it still happened, in safe mode it...
  9. file explorer crashing in loop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer crashing in loop: so my explorer.exe is just crashing in a loop i cant click on my task bar or desktop because it'll blink to black every few seconds. ive tried dism. all i can do at this point is open task manager cant access cmd or files because they just close also cant click on start...
  10. Stuck in explorer crash loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in explorer crash loop: Hello! Today, out of nowhere, I started having problems with explorer. When right-clicking on the desktop (or icons on it) explorer would crash and restart itself a few seconds later (icons disappear, taskbar disappears, etc...). I looked for a solution online and many...