Windows 10: Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane.

Discus and support Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When Windows Explorer is open, if I right-click on anything in the left-pane, Explorer crashes and re-starts. I've googled, and tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nocturne4Ever, May 29, 2016.

1. Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane.

When Windows Explorer is open, if I right-click on anything in the left-pane, Explorer crashes and re-starts.

I've googled, and tried using NirSoft's ShellFix, disabled the most common issues googling resulted in:
    #1 Remove Nvidia context-menu and for desktop right-click.
    #2 Remove Spybot Search & Destroy context-menu.
    #3 Remove Nvidia "nvshext.dll" (not found after using ShellFix)

None of these resulted in a fix at all. I've tried booting in safe mode, the same problem exists. I can right-click on file and folders in the right pane of Explorer, but right-clicking in the left pane, whether folder or drive. Explorer still crashes.

I found a Microsoft page regarding a similar issue, and to be on the safe side, I tried that. Still doing the same thing.

This is really driving me crazy, since I use portable backup drives to re-install my games onto the system but it's pretty hard to drag and drop when you can't have a second Explorer pane open.

Anyone have any ideas?
    *Mad

:)

Nocturne4Ever, May 29, 2016
  2. DonJ52 Win User

Windows 10 File Explore

If I put the Explorer icon on the task bar, click it to open explorer, then when I Right click on a file or folder that is in the Left pane, Explorer closes.....all the time. It does the same thing if I right click the Start icon, then click on File Explorer.

If I open Fire Explorer by clicking the Start menu, Under Windows System and click File Explore, then when I Right click a file or folder in the Left pane, Explorer DOES NOT CLOSE most of the time.

Any help? Either way, File Explorer should not close like that. This never happens if I click anything in the right pane.

DonJ52, May 29, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Accidential entry of an incorrect Windows 10 key

OK, you need to tell Windows 10 you are running Windows 10 Home, not the Pro version with the temporary Product Key . . .

Click your Start Button type regedit and hit enter to open the Registry Editor

In the left pane navigate to:

HKEY_Local Machine - Software - Microsoft - Windows NT - CurrentVersion

In the right hand pane, double click Edition ID

Set its value to: Home

In the right hand pane, double click ProductName

Set its value to: Windows 10 Home

In the left pane, navigate to

HKEY_Local Machine - Software - Wow6432Node - Microsoft - Windows NT - CurrentVersion

In the right hand pane, double click Edition ID

Set its value to: Home

In the right hand pane, double click ProductName

Set its value to: Windows 10 Home

Close the Windows Registry Editor

If you do not have the Windows 10 Installation ISO

Click this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-downlo...

to download the Media Creation Tool - Click on 'Download Tool Now' then select Create Installation Media for Another PC. Choose ISO rather then USB Installation

Once you have the Windows 10 ISO, double click it to mount it on a virtual drive, in Windows File Explorer, run setup.exe

When setup starts, click 'Upgrade; - do not choose Install!

Choose to keep all your files and apps . . .

During the Upgrade, when asked for a product key, enter your valid Windows 10 Home product Key

DaveM121, May 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane.

Hello, in ShellexView, Have you also explored 32 bit options (see Options, Show 32-bit...). This reveals more.

You might learn more by inspecting the event log or Reliability History (just type 'reli' into the cortana search bar)

dalchina, May 29, 2016
Thema:

Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane.

1. Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane. - Similar Threads - Explorer crash Home

2. Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.: Whenever I open Explorer from "win+e", the start menu or the command prompt shows a window and then crashes. I checked the event viewer and it shows these errors in the "Application" logs:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.26052.1000, time stamp:...
  3. When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.: When I right click on desktop or any application file explorer crashing and all defaults are reset. pls fix it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-right-click-windows-file-explorer-crashing/ca1c2f90-487b-4f26-afa0-109c3944860a
  4. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left: HelloI am facing problem when right click on folder list on left side of explorer, when right click and select anything, like "open new window", properties",... Explorer will restart. when right click after 10 seconds explorer will restart...
  5. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left: HelloI am facing problem when right click on folder list on left side of explorer, when right click and select anything, like "open new window", properties",... Explorer will restart. when right click after 10 seconds explorer will restart...
  6. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing when i right click on Navigation Pane

Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing when i right click on Navigation Pane: I've been having this problem for months, simply whenever I right click on the Navigation Pane, File Explorer freezes for 2 seconds then shuts down. More specifically whenever I right click on the Navigation Pane, after the right click menu whether i click anything or close...
  9. Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane

Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane: Hi, Windows Explorer crashes every time I right-click on a folder under Quick Access or This PC. I have tried clearing the file explorer history and restarting my computer/file explorer from the command prompt. The last problem report I got is below. Any suggestions on how...
  10. Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane: Hi there Recently I've been experiencing a weird problem with Windows 10. Right clicking any folders on the pane on the left - the one with folders, libraries etc. causes explorer to freeze and then crash. I can right click on files and folders in the main explorer...