Windows 10: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

Discus and support Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rayminator2008, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll 525fde30-f470-4bc9-b93d-3bcc09c704b1 Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22000.120, time stamp: 0xe846e749Faulting module name: SHELL32.dll, version: 10.0.22000.282, time stamp: 0x19082eb4Exception code: 0xc00

:)

rayminator2008, Nov 7, 2021
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Nov 7, 2021
  3. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Nov 7, 2021
  4. Harvy Win User

Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

1. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder - Similar Threads - Explorer crashed while

2. Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing: Hi! Can someone helped me with this?The only folder that crashed is the "Home" folder. I don't have issues on any other folders. I have tried clearing the cache, restarted the explorer with task manager, but nothing works. I also tried this one but, the results is not what I...
  3. Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing: Hi, I recently had an update, and now have this "HOME" folder, however, every time I open it, it crashes/restarts the file explorer. I have thankfully changed the option of when opening file explorer, it opens on 'My PC', instead of 'Home', otherwise it was very frustrating...
  4. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  5. Explorer Crashing When transferring files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Crashing When transferring files.: So I've been having a weird thing going on. I've searched the forum but can't find an answer to my problem. Whenever I move files from one folder to another explorer crashes and restarts. The file isn't moved. I did a clean install and it worked fine for a while before...
  6. Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.: Here's a strange one: when attempting to transfer files to or from any external source external drive, network drive, or across the web Windows Explorer crashes. I can execute programs and view files from said sources, just not transfer files in either direction. System...
  7. My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files: I have an external hard drive with corrupt files as soon as i plugged into my new computer I'm not able to transfer files in my windows file explorer cant copy-paste or drag and drop. I used a file explorer alternative and it didn't have any issue....
  8. Explorer crashes by working with files and folders

Explorer crashes by working with files and folders: Hi everyone, my windows explorer Windows 10 is crashing most of the time by selecting multiple files or when I try to display the file/folder properties. The Explorer is closing down then the Taskbar is empty and soon afterwards it is filled with th eicons again. Error...
  9. File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders: While scrolling down on folders in my drive the file explorer closes and restarts, this makes it impossible to acces some files, and in some folders it crashes as soon as I open it, the error is: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎8/‎27/‎2020 11:04 PM...
  10. File transfer to another folder

File transfer to another folder: How do you send a file in user downloads to a folder in Computer Hard Disc Drives OS C:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-to-another-folder/dfe02b69-da6e-4a1b-af29-f4b3fa986fe7