Windows 10: Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

Discus and support Explorer crashes and restarts randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HiMy explorer crashes and restarts randomly every 2-5 minutesIm using win 10 ver 21H1 19043.1706I'v tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by סערבראל, May 22, 2022.

1. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

HiMy explorer crashes and restarts randomly every 2-5 minutesIm using win 10 ver 21H1 19043.1706I'v tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc /scannow,chkdsk /f /r /clear all temp filesscan for virusesClean startupNothing workedAny help please?

:)

סערבראל, May 22, 2022

2. media player/internet explorer randomly crashes

i have had my computer going for about 5 months, and at times divx, windows media player, winamp, and internet explorer will randomly crash on me, i can play everquest for days, and any other game i got doesn't crash, everything seems to work fine except those programs, does anybody have any idea what this might be.

psychomage343, May 22, 2022
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Explorer Crash

Thank you for your reply. If the above steps did not work, let's try another workaround. You can try restarting your Windows Explorer from the Task Manager and see if it will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside More details.
    • Under Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer from the list.
    • Select Windows Explorer, right-click on it and select Restart.

After doing so, open Windows Explorer and see if it will crash again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 22, 2022
  4. hbenthow Win User

Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

hbenthow, May 22, 2022
Thema:

Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

1. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes restarts

2. Random Crashes / Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes / Restarts: I bought a new computer a couple months ago, and have been having problems with it randomly restarting, or freezing and then restarting. I have tried everything, and I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I tried reinstalling drivers, doing a clean windows install,...
  3. Random Crashes / Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes / Restarts: I bought a new computer a couple months ago, and have been having problems with it randomly restarting, or freezing and then restarting. I have tried everything, and I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I tried reinstalling drivers, doing a clean windows install,...
  4. Random restarts and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts and crashes: I have been getting the past month alot of random restarts and it is not from cpu overheatingLately my pc has been warning me in the event tracker about dropping to low power mode then to full quality mode constantly or something about pci expressThe errors ive had by now...
  5. Random restarts and crashes

Random restarts and crashes: I have been getting the past month alot of random restarts and it is not from cpu overheatingLately my pc has been warning me in the event tracker about dropping to low power mode then to full quality mode constantly or something about pci expressThe errors ive had by now...
  6. Random restarts and crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

Explorer crashes and restarts randomly: HiMy explorer crashes and restarts randomly every 2-5 minutesIm using win 10 ver 21H1 19043.1706I'v tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc /scannow,chkdsk /f /r /clear all temp filesscan for virusesClean startupNothing workedAny help please?...
  8. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashes and restarts randomly: HiMy explorer crashes and restarts randomly every 2-5 minutesIm using win 10 ver 21H1 19043.1706I'v tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc /scannow,chkdsk /f /r /clear all temp filesscan for virusesClean startupNothing workedAny help please?...
  9. [NOT BSOD] Windows explorer randomly crashes and never restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [NOT BSOD] Windows explorer randomly crashes and never restarts: I've been using my computer normally for the past few days, but today my entire computer froze up, all the currently open applications like discord were working just fine. I was able to talk with my friends on discord until I was forced to restart my computer due to the fact...
  10. [NOT BSOD] Windows explorer randomly crashes and never restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    [NOT BSOD] Windows explorer randomly crashes and never restarts: I've been using my computer normally for the past few days, but today my entire computer froze up, all the currently open applications like discord were working just fine. I was able to talk with my friends on discord until I was forced to restart my computer due to the fact...