Windows 10: Explorer crashes every time anyone views a folder with a MS Access Database in it

Discus and support Explorer crashes every time anyone views a folder with a MS Access Database in it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Running W10 x64, all patches applied, in an AD domain. This has been an issue for a while now, and pretty much all my users experience it. Admins,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sysadmin_jpc, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Explorer crashes every time anyone views a folder with a MS Access Database in it

Running W10 x64, all patches applied, in an AD domain.

This has been an issue for a while now, and pretty much all my users experience it. Admins, and users experience the same issue.

Explorer runs fine, unless you navigate to a folder containing an ACCDB file, which crashes explorer entirely.

This happens on local and mapped drives.

Please help!

:)

sysadmin_jpc, Oct 2, 2018
  2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      Explorer crashes every time anyone views a folder with a MS Access Database in it [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Oct 2, 2018
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Recover access database

Did you try this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283849

Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
    • If the database is open, close it.
    • On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    • In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
    • In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.

If the compact and repair does not succeed, you will receive a message stating so. This means the damage is so severe that it cannot be corrected.

DRDNA, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Explorer crashes every time anyone views a folder with a MS Access Database in it

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Explorer crashes every time anyone views a folder with a MS Access Database in it

1. Explorer crashes every time anyone views a folder with a MS Access Database in it - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes every

2. Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.: Windows Explorer crashes every time as soon as I select a zip-folder, can't even delete it. I've had windows explorer crashing problems ever since I got Windows 11 with this Aero Gigabyte laptop back when Windows 11 just came out. These problems come and go with different...
  3. Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.: Windows Explorer crashes every time as soon as I select a zip-folder, can't even delete it. I've had windows explorer crashing problems ever since I got Windows 11 with this Aero Gigabyte laptop back when Windows 11 just came out. These problems come and go with different...
  4. right click in file explorer crashes every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click in file explorer crashes every time: When ever I right click in File Explorer it crashes and closes windows Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-in-file-explorer-crashes-every-time/670421da-e1ae-4771-9dd5-f70bbdcee6c5
  5. right click in file explorer crashes every time

right click in file explorer crashes every time: When ever I right click in File Explorer it crashes and closes windows Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-in-file-explorer-crashes-every-time/670421da-e1ae-4771-9dd5-f70bbdcee6c5
  6. My windows explorer crash every time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows explorer crash every time.: My windows 11 windows explorer crash every time. When i close any windows and edge browser its suddenly crash and restart again. what is the solution for that error. I have full updated system OS build ---22621.1485 Version---22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. My windows explorer crash every time.

My windows explorer crash every time.: My windows 11 windows explorer crash every time. When i close any windows and edge browser its suddenly crash and restart again. what is the solution for that error. I have full updated system OS build ---22621.1485 Version---22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  8. Database / CRM / MS Access software

Database / CRM / MS Access software: I have some MS Access experience and I really like the whole "build your own form / database / app" flexible concept. The flaw with Access, in my opinion, is the license cost and not being able to host it online. Does anybody have any recommendation on similar software that...
  9. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  10. File Explorer folder view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access database crashing explorer