Windows 10: EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE

Discus and support EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello and Thank you Everyone coming across and answering my question, your help is appreciated.Sorry in advance because this is going to be long; more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SHREY_96, Jan 16, 2024.

1. SHREY_96 Win User

EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE

Hello and Thank you Everyone coming across and answering my question, your help is appreciated.Sorry in advance because this is going to be long; more so because I want to include all details and am not sure what details are gonna be helpful or not so much :I have already tried to search multiple platforms and forums and even searched with different keywords with no success for same problem, anyone who can shortly answer or direct me to the correct webpage or topic discussion will be appreciated.My System - ASUS STRIX SCAR 16 G634JZ [6 MONTHS OLD ONLY] came with WIN 11 inbuilt, Updated to l

:)

SHREY_96, Jan 16, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 16, 2024
  3. Bundy Win User
    Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Jan 16, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 16, 2024
Thema:

1. EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE - Similar Threads - EXPLORER CRASHES DATA

2. EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE: Hello and Thank you Everyone coming across and answering my question, your help is appreciated.Sorry in advance because this is going to be long; more so because I want to include all details and am not sure what details are gonna be helpful or not so much :I have already...
  3. Failed To Create Data Directory - NW.js cannot read and write to its data directory:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed To Create Data Directory - NW.js cannot read and write to its data directory:...: When I restart Windows 11 I get this error:Failed To Create Data Directory - NW.js cannot read and write to its data directory: .note_data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-create-data-directory-nwjs-cannot-read/0da2e951-3162-4507-9b8c-37dbac9c15e1
  4. Failed To Create Data Directory - NW.js cannot read and write to its data directory:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed To Create Data Directory - NW.js cannot read and write to its data directory:...: When I restart Windows 11 I get this error:Failed To Create Data Directory - NW.js cannot read and write to its data directory: .note_data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-create-data-directory-nwjs-cannot-read/0da2e951-3162-4507-9b8c-37dbac9c15e1
  5. MBR FAT16 READ WRITE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MBR FAT16 READ WRITE: Hi, I am running Win 10 VS 2013 dev environment. I have a USB 25MEG SSD that is bootable. I want to read the MBR from one USB 25MEG SSD then write the MBR to another. Any recommendations? I don't mind writing my own utility, but where to start. Boyd...
  6. · "google chrome cannot read and write to its data directory

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    · "google chrome cannot read and write to its data directory: · "google chrome cannot read and write to its data directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-cannot-read-and-write-to-its-data/436508c7-b0b8-4606-a982-2c81478ced4f"
  7. how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10: When I insert a data cd into the cd reader, I get the following screen. I already have a disc in the cd reader. This will show a progress bar at This PC that at fist shows it is progressing, then eventually stops progressing. At that point. I have let it sit for 20 minutes...
  8. Read and write speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Write to read only memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write to read only memory: I have had two BSODs this morning, the first was PFN list corrupt closely followed by Write to read only memory. This is a clean install of Windows 10, I thought it might cure the BSODs but no such luck. So glad to find this forum. Attachment 82075 51621
  10. Explorer Crashes when reading disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Crashes when reading disk: Ever since I upgraded to W10, I get this problem wherein if I insert a disk in either of my two optical drivers, it would take Windows forever to read them and if I click them before they complete loading, Windows would become unresponsive and Explorer would crash. Mind you,...