Windows 10: explorer crashes on right mouse click

Discus and support explorer crashes on right mouse click in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; File Explorer crashes when right mouse button is clicked to bring up sub menu. Also crashes randomly when drives are accessed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tom Solimeo, Dec 7, 2018.

1. explorer crashes on right mouse click

File Explorer crashes when right mouse button is clicked to bring up sub menu. Also crashes randomly when drives are accessed.

:)

Tom Solimeo, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User
    Namslas90, Dec 7, 2018
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Dec 7, 2018
  4. explorer crashes on right mouse click

mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

explorer crashes on right mouse click

1. explorer crashes on right mouse click - Similar Threads - explorer crashes right

2. Mouse Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Right Click: The right click on my wireless Microsoft mouse does not work. Is there a setting I need to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-right-click/7aeebcf6-760f-4e8d-90d7-023c6e2400c6
  3. File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop: Hello everyone! I'm loving the new Windows 10! But this problem is really bugging me. Whenever I right-click a file anywhere on the Desktop, the File Explorer crashes briefly and then comes right back up. This does not happen anywhere else, only on the Desktop. I...
  4. Windows Explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file: Hi all! I just upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago and so far I haven't had any troubles with it. However, to my surprise, I encountered a problem that is rather annoying to deal with. Just now I was about to check the file size of a certain document, but when I right clicked...
  5. Mouse right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse right click menu: I cannot activate the 'New' submenu to create New folders in Desktop,Explorer and existing folders. When I Mouse right click the menu opens up (View,Sort by,Refresh etc) when I move the cursor to 'New'(to open up the submenu to create a folder) the pointer changes to the...
  6. Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder: Last week I bought a new gaming PC. Came with Windows 10. Now I've noticed then when I right click in the system default video folder (under "this PC") explorer crashes. It only happens with the video folder for some reason. Even clicking the tabs make it crash except for...
  7. Right click not working in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working in Explorer: Not sure when this issue came up, maybe a few days or longer, I just kept doing other things to get by. If on a webpage or desktop I can use the right click, but in explorer if I right click a folder it brings up the menu, then taskbar icons all flash, then quickly...
  8. Right Clicking on Drive Crashes Explorer-14257

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking on Drive Crashes Explorer-14257: Not sure what is going on here. When I right click on a drive in explorer to get properties/use tools like defrag/disk checker it is crashing explorer. I have already done a "repair" install of 14257...I had 14257 installed already and essentially did a reinstall of it using...
  9. file explorer crashes when i right click

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes when i right click: This is the first issue i have had with windows 10 ever since installing it in august. Ever since yesterday whenever i click on a file in the file explorer window it will gray out and stop working. Unlike the average hang this one will stay grayed out for about 5 to 10...
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170