Windows 10: Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died

Discus and support Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently started getting this error out of nowhere and nothing seems to be fixing it. Could someone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielSuska, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died

I recently started getting this error out of nowhere and nothing seems to be fixing it. Could someone help?

:)

DanielSuska, Feb 1, 2021

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Bundy Win User
    Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died

Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died

1. Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes Critical_Process_Died

2. I randomly get a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I randomly get a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED": The BSOD usually happens when i close or pause a game, but sometimes i get it completely randomly. Sometimes the system just freezes and is completely unresponsive while showing the same frame until i hold down the power button. What is causing this error?Here's a link for...
  3. I randomly get a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I randomly get a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED": The BSOD usually happens when i close or pause a game, but sometimes i get it completely randomly. Sometimes the system just freezes and is completely unresponsive while showing the same frame until i hold down the power button. What is causing this error?Here's a link for...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - ntoskrnl.exe Error and Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - ntoskrnl.exe Error and Crashes: Just wondering if anyone can help? Been having a few CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screens and when i run WhoCrashed I get the error that is was caused by ntoskrnl.exeAny idea what could be causing this? ThanksTom...
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - ntoskrnl.exe Error and Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - ntoskrnl.exe Error and Crashes: Just wondering if anyone can help? Been having a few CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screens and when i run WhoCrashed I get the error that is was caused by ntoskrnl.exeAny idea what could be causing this? ThanksTom...
  6. I Can't get past the BSoD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Can't get past the BSoD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: As I'm trying to boot up my laptop it shows BSoD and stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDI've tried:Start-up Repair: Start up repair couldn't repair your PC.sfc /scannow in cmd.exe: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.System restore: I did try...
  7. Computer Crash CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED related to ntdll.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Crash CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED related to ntdll.sys and ntoskrnl.exe: Hi I'm wondering if anyone can advise on some system crashes I've been experiencing recently. Most though not all are CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED like the most recent one detailed here. I followed a similar thread, and have posted as much of the diagnostic info requested...
  8. File Explorer Get Crashed

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Get Crashed: Hello! The last month my File Explorer get crashed a lot times and cant re-open it! I try the restart methon from task manager but nothing happen! I can open in only if i make New Task from Task Manager but again not respond! I try to found the error details and get this:...
  9. onedrive causing critical_process_died crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    onedrive causing critical_process_died crash: Hi my computer crashes within minutes if I turn OneDrive sync on. Blue screen with the message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. If I pause the sync it the computer works fine. Hope someone out there can help me solve this problem. Best regards, Bjarni...
  10. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Sporadic Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Sporadic Crashes: Hey guys, For the past week or so I've been getting intermittent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screens. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary and they seemed to just start popping up out of nowhere. I read a couple of the other threads here about it, and couldn't seem to...