Windows 10: Explorer Crashes When Navigating to certain directories

Discus and support Explorer Crashes When Navigating to certain directories in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Tried Everything. Sfc, DSIM, heck even a new account but nothing worksThe known folders I cant access are%Userprofile%%appdata%C:/Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simon_James_, May 20, 2021.

1. Explorer Crashes When Navigating to certain directories

I have Tried Everything. Sfc, DSIM, heck even a new account but nothing worksThe known folders I cant access are%Userprofile%%appdata%C:/Windows

:)

Simon_James_, May 20, 2021
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 20, 2021
  3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Explorer Crashes When Navigating to certain directories Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, May 20, 2021
  4. Bundy Win User

Explorer Crashes When Navigating to certain directories

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Explorer Crashes When Navigating to certain directories

1. Explorer Crashes When Navigating to certain directories - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashes Navigating

2. windows explorer keeps crashing when accessing certain directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer keeps crashing when accessing certain directory: Hi, my windows explorer keeps crashing whenever I tried to access some directory/folder.I check the event viewer and this is the error:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2364, time stamp: 0x196eefcdFaulting module name: thumbcache.dll, version:...
  3. windows explorer keeps crashing when accessing certain directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer keeps crashing when accessing certain directory: Hi, my windows explorer keeps crashing whenever I tried to access some directory/folder.I check the event viewer and this is the error:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2364, time stamp: 0x196eefcdFaulting module name: thumbcache.dll, version:...
  4. windows explorer keeps crashing when accessing certain directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Certain image that crashes explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain image that crashes explorer: I have this .heic file on my desktop that crashes explorer whenever i right or left click it. I can drag it around but it doesnt move. Does anyone know what’s happening? submitted by /u/Boristhebongodrum [link] [comments]...
  6. Explorer Directory

Explorer Directory: I found this directory accidentaly, does anyone know what it is and where did it come from cause i have not accessed the files listed in this folder on this computer...
  7. Crashing when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing when playing certain games.: Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, as I'm not entirely sure what sort of crash I'm having. This PC was my first custom build, first assembled in March 2020. I've noticed since then that I'll frequently crash while playing games - with Modern...
  8. File explorer navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer navigation: Hi, Id just like some feedback from other users on how you close File Explorer down when you've finished using it. When you have finished accessing a file or folder in File Explorer when you close it you'll see that the file is still selected (highlighted in blue). At that...
  9. Windows Explorer crashing when right clicking certain files.

Windows Explorer crashing when right clicking certain files.: Hello, I have a weird issue with windows 10 that makes windows explorer crash when right clicking a mp3 file. The log says: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application...
  10. Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane: Hi there Recently I've been experiencing a weird problem with Windows 10. Right clicking any folders on the pane on the left - the one with folders, libraries etc. causes explorer to freeze and then crash. I can right click on files and folders in the main explorer...