Windows 10: Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.

Discus and support Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I encountered this question: When I opened the explorer, it takes me to the computer page. There are something on side bar. When I right clicked one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael·S, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.

So I encountered this question: When I opened the explorer, it takes me to the computer page. There are something on side bar. When I right clicked one of them, the window freezes and later the explorer restarts since I see a reload of my taskbar.

Windows Version: Windows 10 17134 Family Version

CPU: Intel Core I5-7200U, 2.50 GHz * 4

RAM: 8 GB

Language: zh-CN

Many Thanks

:)

Michael·S, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User
    Namslas90, Apr 13, 2019
  3. ahearne Win User
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing

Hello

Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing

Please can anyone suggest a fix.

ahearne, Apr 13, 2019
  4. F1reFly Win User

Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.

right click crashes explorer

appreciated*Toast :toast:

edit: haha, i just noticed that the snipping tool is completely gone from my system, it was there the other day, now its gone and its backup in winsxs wont run....god i hate windows. heck with it, i'm formatting

F1reFly, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.

1. Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item. - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes right

2. Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.: Whenever I open Explorer from "win+e", the start menu or the command prompt shows a window and then crashes. I checked the event viewer and it shows these errors in the "Application" logs:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.26052.1000, time stamp:...
  3. Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.: Whenever I open Explorer from "win+e", the start menu or the command prompt shows a window and then crashes. I checked the event viewer and it shows these errors in the "Application" logs:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.26052.1000, time stamp:...
  4. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  5. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  6. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  7. When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes: When ever i try to open the context menu on the left side oft the explorer window(where i can see all my drives) explorer closes however when i right click on the right side everything is ok from event viewer i can see that the problem is shell32.dll this is the error log...
  8. Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer: When right clicking on items in quick access, explorer crashes. - I have cleared file explorer history. - I have removed unchecked "show frequently used folders in quick access" - When I start explorer via CMD (right click > Run as Administrator) then I can right click...
  9. Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing: I know this has been asked before and I tried using the solutions in this forums. Interestingly, I used ShellExView from Nirsoft and started by disabling every non-microsoft shell extension. It solved the problem. However, I enabled all the items again, and funny enough the...
  10. explorer crashes right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer crashes right click: File explorer shuts down randomly during file transfers, but more often after a right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-right-click/937d7dcf-f8c0-46e8-a8bd-a8a9f8c56f15