Windows 10: explorer crashes when trying to display folder properties

Discus and support explorer crashes when trying to display folder properties in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear all, explorer does NOT crash when displaying file properties contrary to folder property display there are 2 errors generated: Event ID 1026... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Viktor SCH, Feb 17, 2019.

1. explorer crashes when trying to display folder properties

Dear all,

explorer does NOT crash when displaying file properties contrary to folder property display

there are 2 errors generated:

Event ID 1026

Application: explorer.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFA1936C613

and Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.17763.107, time stamp: 0x695ecd5a
    Faulting module name: SHELL32.dll, version: 10.0.17763.292, time stamp: 0x49c5e4dc
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000009c613
    Faulting process id: 0x2b24
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c6cb6e255cea
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

I did following so far without success:

- SFC / DISM

- Clean boot

safe boot is basically possible but results in:

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WpnUserService_203ca with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {1FFE4FFD-25B1-40B1-A1EA-EF633353BB4E}

at each second or so

did not manage to open file explorer to see whether directory property display is possible as screen is being updated every second

or less - it tries to open "get help" popup but then next cycle starts (I presume) and closes it again

Cannot really tell when this started but must have been in the last 2 to 4 weeks - automatic updates are all installed and when I compare

to another PC which has 99% equal program/settings I cannot figure out where the problem originates.

any hint most welcome

Viktor

:)

Viktor SCH, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Feb 17, 2019
  3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. 95Viper Win User

explorer crashes when trying to display folder properties

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

explorer crashes when trying to display folder properties

1. explorer crashes when trying to display folder properties - Similar Threads - explorer crashes trying

2. App Crash when opening security tab on explorer > Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Crash when opening security tab on explorer > Properties: I don't know if this is a Windows or Linux questions, but I'll start here. I have a new Samba file server. In Windows 10 Explorer, I can open the share with \\dc1.hprs.locl, and I see my folders. One folder is named 'Users' I can put files into that folder, no problem....
  3. App Crash when opening security tab on explorer > Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Crash when opening security tab on explorer > Properties: I don't know if this is a Windows or Linux questions, but I'll start here. I have a new Samba file server. In Windows 10 Explorer, I can open the share with \\dc1.hprs.locl, and I see my folders. One folder is named 'Users' I can put files into that folder, no problem....
  4. App Crash when opening security tab on explorer > Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. When i try to move a file to other folder, windows explorer crashs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When i try to move a file to other folder, windows explorer crashs: i dont know why this happening Problem happening: https://youtu.be/5mTaOlUzORs sorry for my english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-move-a-file-to-other-folder-windows/ef41e85e-79a8-4c49-bb0b-dafacfe96d38
  6. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  7. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info for Certain Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info for Certain Folders: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  8. File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details': When I display a folder containing *.mpg video files and I switch to 'Details' view, file explorer crashes after a few moments. I've read online that this might be related to bad codecs on my machine. Is there a way to definitively test this or is there a trusted site where I...
  9. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer: Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click...
  10. File Explorer crashing when trying to rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crashing when trying to rename folders: First off. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum *Redface So I have had Windows 10 for a couple of months now, and have never had any issues up until now. Whenever I try to rename a folder/ add new folder file explorer freezes as soon as i touch the keyboard. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DCOM got error 1084 attempting to start the service WpnUserService_