Windows 10: Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

Discus and support Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When opening a folder that contains some .mp3 files, the explorer exits almost immediately. The event log has the following: Windows cannot access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TJ_V, Apr 14, 2020.

1. TJ_V Win User

Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

When opening a folder that contains some .mp3 files, the explorer exits almost immediately. The event log has the following:

Windows cannot access the file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.20022.11011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Windows Explorer because of this error.

Program: Windows Explorer

File: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.20022.11011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri

and

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.693, time stamp: 0x587c1978

Faulting module name: MrmCoreR.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x1cab1146

Exception code: 0xc0000006

Fault offset: 0x00000000000269a8

Faulting process id: 0x362c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d61220e61c7d6d

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\MrmCoreR.dll

and

Application: explorer.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000006, exception address 00007FFD61FD69A8

I have already tried the DISM.exe scan/restore health and sfc /scannow but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:)

2. Bree Win User

File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

Welcome to TenForums @Arealperson

File Explorer automatically selects a view for the folder based on it's contents. If it contains mp3 files it will be the Music view.

You can change this. Take one step up so that you see the folder containing your mp3s. Right-click on the folder and select Properties. On the Customise tab under 'Optimise this folder for:' select General items.

Edit: you can also customise the view of the folder you are in by right-clicking on an empty space within the folder. See this tutorial.

Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10

3. dalchina Win User
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files [​IMG]

Here is a mp3 file with just Title (Concerto Gregoriano) and Composer in its metadata.
    1. In file explorer, I created a new file on my desktop and copied the mp3 file to it.
    As you can see, it is listed with date, size. The folder is a general format type, not music.
    Please try that.

2. To the right, mp3tag, a free utility, shows the metadata in the file.
    You might find it useful to get mp3tag.
    3. Rt click, Properties, Details, shows the Title as part of the metadata. (Composer is off the screen).

I suggest you make sure your mp3's do indeed contain metadata.

(Sorry the Window titles are faint- they are background, but should be clearer)

dalchina, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

Audio containing folders crash problem

Hi everyone

When I try to open a folder containing mp3 or any audio file, windows explorer crashes. Also, if I try to open these files through windows media player or any similar software, the program crashes also. I still can play video files in the computer and also
    audio files streaming online.

Another related problem, when I try to see the audio file associations through the control panel then Default Apps, also crashes.

In the beginning I was thinking it is windows explorer problem but because it opens some folders and some does not, I make a guess that mp3 files were the problem. Therefore, I downloaded Norton Commander to move all audio files to one folder because I can
    not access these folders at all. My guess was true and the problem is that

Audio containing folders crashes any software trying to access them.

I try system restore, fixing the registry and scan disk but without any solution.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit.

Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

MohammedAl-Ameedee, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

1. Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes viewing

2. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  3. Windows Explorer repeatedly crashes when viewing folders with RAW files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer repeatedly crashes when viewing folders with RAW files: I have a large number of RAW files from cameras and scanned images many of which have been on my hard disk for several years. Until the recently, i.e. the past couple of days, I have had no issues problems viewing and using the files. However, in the past couple of days...
  4. Windows Explorer hangs when going into folders that contain OGG files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer hangs when going into folders that contain OGG files.: As of very recently, I've been having problems going into folders that contain .ogg music files in them. It mostly takes absolute ages to do anything with them, e.g. renaming, moving, deleting, and if it doesn't take absolute ages to rename it, the explorer instead freezes,...
  5. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  6. File Explorer folder view

File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  7. Windows File Explorer crashes whenever I open a file containing a playlist of mp3 files

Windows File Explorer crashes whenever I open a file containing a playlist of mp3 files: I purchased a playlist of songs from one of my favorite artists to support them and get a high-quality version of their most recent album. I downloaded all of the individual mp3 files of the songs after paying for them, and whenever I try to access the folder that I created...
  8. File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos

File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos: I read in another thread that this is an issue with other software that I am using, but I can't make head nor tail of the error message. Is there someone that can help with this. It is driving me crazy. Using windows 10. I believe it is all up to date. Source Windows...
  9. mp3 file Crashing File explorer

mp3 file Crashing File explorer: Hello Couple weeks ago my mp3 files were fine I was hearing songs just fine. But then I let to repair my laptops keys and came back with the audio not working. Some how i fixed it and its fine. Later on I open groove music and suddenly it crashed im thinking that it maybe...
  10. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...