Windows 10: explorer crashes

Discus and support explorer crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My explorer is crashing all the time, usually when i copy files but not only. i have created a crash dump: also the report: Source Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NikolasP2, May 21, 2020.

1. NikolasP2 Win User

explorer crashes

My explorer is crashing all the time, usually when i copy files but not only.

i have created a crash dump:

also the report:

Source

Windows Explorer

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎21/‎5/‎2020 9:10 πμ

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: explorer.exe

Application Version: 10.0.18362.815

Application Timestamp: 51185cb4

Fault Module Name: shcore.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.836

Fault Module Timestamp: 4dc84691

Exception Offset: 0000000000041d4a

Exception Code: c0000409

Exception Data: 0000000000000007

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1032

Additional Information 1: 66f7

Additional Information 2: 66f72cacfa1016efa56c8b2d06571de3

Additional Information 3: 64ef

Additional Information 4: 64eff9ecdc0a8a5517fdb8823b220634

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 843e6e42673bb85fef8cd9c6eb49507c 2273431360289460348

How can i solve this?

:)

NikolasP2, May 21, 2020
  2. Bundy Win User

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, May 21, 2020
  3. internet explorer crashing

Hey,

I can understand how frustrating this would be.

Please confirm what happened when you tried the above mentioned steps.

If not then I would suggest you to try again.

I would also suggest you to refer to the mentioned link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of
    Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all
    previous settings are lost after reset.

Hope this helps.

Anusha Verma, May 21, 2020
  4. explorer crashes

Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 21, 2020
Thema:

explorer crashes

1. explorer crashes - Similar Threads - explorer crashes

2. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...
  3. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...
  4. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts....
  5. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts....
  6. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

8. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

9. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

10. Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.: I am on a Windows 11 PC and this is making it so I cannot access any of my files. I have tried restarting both the file explorer and my computer various times as well as when I try to recover to a recent backup, I am met with a 0x80070017 error. I have two recovery dates...