Windows 10: Explorer Crashing Constantly Windows 10 Enterprise

Discus and support Explorer Crashing Constantly Windows 10 Enterprise in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We have an environment running hundreds of Windows 10 Enterprise PCs on a variety of hardware Surface Pro, Laptops, Desktop PCs and we experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TMoney54321, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Explorer Crashing Constantly Windows 10 Enterprise

We have an environment running hundreds of Windows 10 Enterprise PCs on a variety of hardware Surface Pro, Laptops, Desktop PCs and we experience intermittent crashing of Explorer on them constantly. Black screen, flashing taskbar, can't do any work.

Rebooting once or twice typically fixes the issue, but things seem to have gotten worse with this over the past year or so. We ensure all machines have the latest updates and patches on them.

In looking through the forums, it seems that this crashing issue has been around for years, yet it is still happening. I have a lot of unhappy enterprise end users due to this. What is Microsoft doing to address this problem? Since it has been around for years, it has to be a well known issue/bug. Can you please devote some development resources to fixing this???

Another fix we do to temporarily stop this from happening is to follow these steps:

-Open task manager via ctrl+alt+del

-File > Run new task > regedit

-Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shell

-Delete the BagMRU and Bags registry keys and then reboot the PC

I don't want to have my admins getting into the habit of deleting registry keys on machines. AND, this is not something I ever want a typical end user to attempt we have registry access locked out.

Awaiting your reply Microsoft....

:)

TMoney54321, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Harvy Win User
    Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Jul 9, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Explorer Crashing Constantly Windows 10 Enterprise

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Explorer Crashing Constantly Windows 10 Enterprise wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Explorer Crashing Constantly Windows 10 Enterprise

1. Explorer Crashing Constantly Windows 10 Enterprise - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashing Constantly

2. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.: This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows...
  3. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.: This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows...
  4. Windows Explorer crash constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  5. Windows Explorer crash constantly

Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing: Here is my system info:Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎12/‎4/‎2020 OS build 19044.1645 Experience Windows Feature...
  7. Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing

Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing: Here is my system info:Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎12/‎4/‎2020 OS build 19044.1645 Experience Windows Feature...
  8. Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer constantly crashing: Hi all, I've been dealing with a problem of Explorer constantly crashing for the last day or two - if I attempt to open any file or folder within explorer, or a folder opens and it attempts to load information on that file, Windows Explorer crashes. If I attempt to right...
  10. File Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer constantly crashing: I am having a problem with file explorer constantly crashing. If I click on the icon in the toolbar, file explorer will open, it will say "working on it," but then it crashes, the screen flashes, and it goes back to the desktop. If I try to open a folder on the desktop, it...