Windows 10: Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build

Discus and support Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So since the most recent insider update I am seeing lots of crashes in Windows Explorer. Here are a bunch of Event log errors.Faulting application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffRiechers, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build

So since the most recent insider update I am seeing lots of crashes in Windows Explorer. Here are a bunch of Event log errors.Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22557.1, time stamp: 0x668837baFaulting module name: Taskbar.dll, version: 10.0.22557.1, time stamp: 0xe7fdc229Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000018ceafFaulting process id: 0x0x4A2C0Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D828BDD6B2C43FFaulting application p

:)

JeffRiechers, Feb 23, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 23, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    internet explore 11 on my laptop (win 10) is crashing and unable to restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given except resetting Internet Explorer. It has various steps to resolve the issue related to Internet Explorer performance.

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 23, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Arul_D, Feb 23, 2022
Thema:

Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build

1. Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build - Similar Threads - Explorer crashing latest

2. Windows 11 dev build 25115

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dev build 25115: When windows first came out it was blazing fast but when i joined the insider program for windows 11 i downloaded the latest verson my computer became very slow, loading this page in edge took like 2 min. idk if this is a issue with the new windows dev update or just my pc....
  3. Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...: error 0xc19000401Really don't have an idea what I can do to install that preview. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-install-latest-windows-11-dev-latest/3ba9b347-270c-4d00-966c-a62fa4636361
  4. Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...: error 0xc19000401Really don't have an idea what I can do to install that preview. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-install-latest-windows-11-dev-latest/3ba9b347-270c-4d00-966c-a62fa4636361
  5. Got a crash on Windows 11 File Explorer on Build 22567 Dev Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a crash on Windows 11 File Explorer on Build 22567 Dev Channel: Posted this on feedback hub and see nobody responsed to this at all. So, Explorer crashed when ever I plug my flash drives in, open folder on my desktop or even click on file explorer. Ran Malwarebytes scan three times, restore windows image twice, and run sfc scan once. FYI,...
  6. Got a crash on Windows 11 File Explorer on Build 22567 Dev Channel

Got a crash on Windows 11 File Explorer on Build 22567 Dev Channel: Posted this on feedback hub and see nobody responsed to this at all. So, Explorer crashed when ever I plug my flash drives in, open folder on my desktop or even click on file explorer. Ran Malwarebytes scan three times, restore windows image twice, and run sfc scan once. FYI,...
  7. Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build: So since the most recent insider update I am seeing lots of crashes in Windows Explorer. Here are a bunch of Event log errors.Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22557.1, time stamp: 0x668837baFaulting module name: Taskbar.dll, version: 10.0.22557.1, time...
  8. Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds: Hello,I have the latest Dev build for Windows 11, which I regret due to the bugs, unfortunately reverting or changing channels isn't an option for me since a lot of time has passed and I don't really have anything to back my data onto. Now, the issue, I'm wondering if we can...
  9. Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds

Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds: Hello,I have the latest Dev build for Windows 11, which I regret due to the bugs, unfortunately reverting or changing channels isn't an option for me since a lot of time has passed and I don't really have anything to back my data onto. Now, the issue, I'm wondering if we can...
  10. Latest build Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Latest build Edge Dev: We’ve updated you to the latest build. This is Microsoft Edge Dev Build 75.0.131.0 Welcome back! 131153