Windows 10: Explorer Crashing When transferring files.

Discus and support Explorer Crashing When transferring files. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I've been having a weird thing going on. I've searched the forum but can't find an answer to my problem. Whenever I move files from one folder to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by echosnwhispers, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Explorer Crashing When transferring files.

So I've been having a weird thing going on. I've searched the forum but can't find an answer to my problem. Whenever I move files from one folder to another explorer crashes and restarts. The file isn't moved. I did a clean install and it worked fine for a while before reverting back to the same problem. I've done a chkdsk scan and sfc scan. The scf scan did find corrupt files and replaced them but the problem persisted. Thought it could have been an update issue so I disabled updates just to test my theory but it didn't help. I installed these programs using ninite:

Chrome
    7-zip
    Steam
    Notepad++
    Classic Start
    VLC
    Discord
    Foxit Reader
    OpenOffice
    Dropbox
    Handbrake.

Does anybody have any clue as to what's making this happen? I'm using Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.508

:)

echosnwhispers, Jan 20, 2021

2. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Gencijs Win User
    File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Explorer Crashing When transferring files.

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Explorer Crashing When transferring files.

1. Explorer Crashing When transferring files. - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashing transferring

2. Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day.I was interacting with a .mp4 file, and decided to scan it with Malwarebytes.Due to this, explorer restarted due to some issue which I don't know why.This has happened twice and before I installed a .exe that was malware but didn't run...
  3. Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day.I was interacting with a .mp4 file, and decided to scan it with Malwarebytes.Due to this, explorer restarted due to some issue which I don't know why.This has happened twice and before I installed a .exe that was malware but didn't run...
  4. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  5. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  6. File Explorer crashing when moving files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashing when moving files: File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  7. Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.: Here's a strange one: when attempting to transfer files to or from any external source external drive, network drive, or across the web Windows Explorer crashes. I can execute programs and view files from said sources, just not transfer files in either direction. System...
  8. My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files

My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files: I have an external hard drive with corrupt files as soon as i plugged into my new computer I'm not able to transfer files in my windows file explorer cant copy-paste or drag and drop. I used a file explorer alternative and it didn't have any issue....
  9. File Explorer crashes when scrolling.

File Explorer crashes when scrolling.: When i right click any folder on the sidebar e.g. Quick Access folders and scroll down the explorer just crashes. When i right click on a quick access folder it crashes when i get to "unpin from quick access". When i right click a folder under "this pc", it crashes when i...
  10. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...