Windows 10: Explorer Crashing

Discus and support Explorer Crashing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Explorer is crashing (although it restarts itself as per normal). Looking in the Event Log I can see this event (I think). It says: Faulting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by grahamm7, Oct 24, 2018.

1. grahamm7 Win User

Explorer Crashing

Explorer is crashing (although it restarts itself as per normal). Looking in the Event Log I can see this event (I think). It says:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x8f6f57b3
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000007f30fd8
    Faulting process id: 0x2e8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d46bad016f0766
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 4b96e111-9ad2-40d9-8941-eea16adc43b3
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Pity it says Faulting module path unknown?

I am running Windows 10 pro 64 bit and Windows 1809 OS Bld 17763.1 (yes the October update before it was withdrawn - but I am not going to blame this necessarily. But just so any forum users know what I am running). I have 8Gb of RAM. Intel i7 processor. OS is on a 220GB SSD and the other disk is 2 Tb for data etc (split into 2 partitions).

It is only recently that Explorer has started to crash. In the past I have found by reducing the number of RH context menu switches often helps. So I remove all of these from apps that I don't need. There are loads of MS entries but as I don't clearly what these do I have left them alone.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks

:)

grahamm7, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Bundy Win User

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Oct 24, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Explorer Crashing

internet explorer crashing

Hey,

I can understand how frustrating this would be.

Please confirm what happened when you tried the above mentioned steps.

If not then I would suggest you to try again.

I would also suggest you to refer to the mentioned link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of
    Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all
    previous settings are lost after reset.

Hope this helps.

Anusha Verma, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Explorer Crashing

1. Explorer Crashing - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashing

2. Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.: I am on a Windows 11 PC and this is making it so I cannot access any of my files. I have tried restarting both the file explorer and my computer various times as well as when I try to recover to a recent backup, I am met with a 0x80070017 error. I have two recovery dates...
  3. Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.: I am on a Windows 11 PC and this is making it so I cannot access any of my files. I have tried restarting both the file explorer and my computer various times as well as when I try to recover to a recent backup, I am met with a 0x80070017 error. I have two recovery dates...
  4. Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.: Windows Explorer crashes every time as soon as I select a zip-folder, can't even delete it. I've had windows explorer crashing problems ever since I got Windows 11 with this Aero Gigabyte laptop back when Windows 11 just came out. These problems come and go with different...
  5. Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.

Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.: Windows Explorer crashes every time as soon as I select a zip-folder, can't even delete it. I've had windows explorer crashing problems ever since I got Windows 11 with this Aero Gigabyte laptop back when Windows 11 just came out. These problems come and go with different...
  6. How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?: I am having some issues with File Explorer. Ever since I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform, I cannot open any folder in File Explorer—it freezes, and then I have to either kill it with the "End Process" popup, or it resets explorer.exe on its own. I also get the...
  7. How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?

How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?: I am having some issues with File Explorer. Ever since I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform, I cannot open any folder in File Explorer—it freezes, and then I have to either kill it with the "End Process" popup, or it resets explorer.exe on its own. I also get the...
  8. File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.: Please help? I constantly get this error when I navigate to details on pined folders and ocasionally get it when opening tabed folders. the Exploroe.exe crashes and restarts.Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3296, time stamp: 0x48d2cb32 Faulting...
  9. File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.: Please help? I constantly get this error when I navigate to details on pined folders and ocasionally get it when opening tabed folders. the Exploroe.exe crashes and restarts.Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3296, time stamp: 0x48d2cb32 Faulting...
  10. File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.

File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.: I have Windows 11. The past few days I am unable to retrieve documents as I can't go through the File Explorer interface. I retrieve them when I open Publisher for example and the previously used files are listed there. I can't explore my hard drive because of this issue....