Windows 10: Explorer Crashing

Discus and support Explorer Crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Morning Everyone! Is there anyone out there that can decipher this problem. At least once a day my explorer crashes but I'm not really doing anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChadBonk, Jun 23, 2021.

1. ChadBonk Win User

Explorer Crashing

Morning Everyone! Is there anyone out there that can decipher this problem. At least once a day my explorer crashes but I'm not really doing anything consistently to crash it. Usually "Alt+Tab" is when I notice it to switch apps. Here is the code that I got from Reliability History Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.1081, time stamp: 0x4a52ebe1Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000001fa50fd8Faulting process id: 0x31a8Faulting application start time: 0x01d767a6e321cbd4Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: e731400f-1d4b-4b03-b5bf-784d21ad5049Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

ChadBonk, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Bundy Win User

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Explorer Crashing

internet explorer crashing

Hey,

I can understand how frustrating this would be.

Please confirm what happened when you tried the above mentioned steps.

If not then I would suggest you to try again.

I would also suggest you to refer to the mentioned link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of
    Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all
    previous settings are lost after reset.

Hope this helps.

Anusha Verma, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

Explorer Crashing

1. Explorer Crashing - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashing

2. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...
  3. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...
  4. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts....
  5. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts....
  6. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

8. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

9. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

10. Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.: I am on a Windows 11 PC and this is making it so I cannot access any of my files. I have tried restarting both the file explorer and my computer various times as well as when I try to recover to a recent backup, I am met with a 0x80070017 error. I have two recovery dates...