Windows 10: Explorer directory path expansion

Discus and support Explorer directory path expansion in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anybody else find it incredibly annoying that on the side bar explorer will show you the full path of the folder you're in? All it does in make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lostinascreen, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Explorer directory path expansion

Does anybody else find it incredibly annoying that on the side bar explorer will show you the full path of the folder you're in? All it does in make you have to scroll down to find items you need. Does anybody know a registry hack or some kind of setting to reverse this because this only started happening after an update not too long ago.

submitted by /u/lostinascreen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lostinascreen, Sep 5, 2020
  2. PianSa Win User

Suggestion in File Explorer to display full path of directory to move to/copy to

Because as it is right now, whenever I would copy several files from a directory to another directory, clicking the icon copy to, it would only list the name of the folder to copy to, and I would have to move the cursor on the icon of the relevant
    folder without clicking the cursor, so it would display the full path of that folder.

PianSa, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Gtr-Stosh Win User
    Huge Number of files in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft directory

Thanks for the help and guidance. If i go in command prompt to attempt going to the protect directory it Roaming\Microsoft directory, a directory listing shows me a different location or sub dirdctory list? I can only navigate to this directory via File
    Explorer.

Any command execution attempts just returns path not found errors if i include the Protect directory in any arguments.

Kind of weird.

Im jyst going to migrate user to new account and delete the old one. Thought that might be the easiest path to clear?

I am doing backup and image as a backup plan. Quite honestly due to amount of use it would probably not take too much time to just do a fresh install. Id bet if i had just started down that path it would have taken less time at the beginning.

Appreciate the suggestions, thx!

GS

Gtr-Stosh, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Explorer directory path expansion

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Explorer directory path expansion Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Explorer directory path expansion

1. Explorer directory path expansion - Similar Threads - Explorer directory path

2. File Explorer expansion for icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer expansion for icons: HiI am looking for a description for all icons found in File Explorer/Windows Explorer. Do anyone have a such list showing what all the icons mean, please?//marsk...
  3. File Explorer expansion for icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer expansion for icons: HiI am looking for a description for all icons found in File Explorer/Windows Explorer. Do anyone have a such list showing what all the icons mean, please?//marsk...
  4. File Explorer expansion for icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer auto-expansion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer auto-expansion: Is there a way to stop the navigation pane from auto expanding every time I open a new window in file explorer on Windows 11? Every time I open a new folder it expands all the folders and it's really annoying. I have already tried going into Options and making sure the...
  6. File Explorer auto-expansion

File Explorer auto-expansion: Is there a way to stop the navigation pane from auto expanding every time I open a new window in file explorer on Windows 11? Every time I open a new folder it expands all the folders and it's really annoying. I have already tried going into Options and making sure the...
  7. Need to change the directory path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change the directory path: I changed the path letter on my secondary drive which had some games from the Microsoft store and it can’t find the games but the files are there so how do I tell it to look at the new drive letter...
  8. Need to change the directory path

Need to change the directory path: I changed the path letter on my secondary drive which had some games from the Microsoft store and it can’t find the games but the files are there so how do I tell it to look at the new drive letter...
  9. File Path Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Path Directory: Hi, Recently I've changed drive letters which changed all of my installed applications file paths. Now the applications won't open with the error message, "specific file path not found" (something like that) I tried changing back the drive letters through Disk management and...
  10. Explorer displaying User Name not directory path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer displaying User Name not directory path: Hi I have been issued with a works laptop.with Windows 10. I logon with user nam,e e.g. R12345 anmd the home directory is C:\Users\R12345. When I change to C:\Users\R12345 or pin it for quick access Windows Explorer is displaying the folder as my user name "Ray, Sanjay",...