Windows 10: Explorer Does Not Immediately Show Updates to Files Deleted Or Pasted

Discus and support Explorer Does Not Immediately Show Updates to Files Deleted Or Pasted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I am in explorer and delete a file by selecting the delete icon or right click delete. The file still shows in the folder until I press F5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alan93, Jul 19, 2020.

1. alan93 Win User

Explorer Does Not Immediately Show Updates to Files Deleted Or Pasted

Whenever I am in explorer and delete a file by selecting the delete icon or right click delete. The file still shows in the folder until I press F5 refresh. Then it shows the result of the action.

The same for pasting a copied file. It does not show in the folder any folder - does same regardless of location until I press F5 refresh.

Why is it doing this? This never happened on Windows 3.1, 95 , 98, XP,or 7. It does now happen on windows 10 which appears to be a major bug.

:)

alan93, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Starseed Win User
    Explorer search results - Does not update (refresh) when delete a file

I saw some older posts related to this from 2016 but nothing with a solution. The problem is:

I search in explorer for files (ie "*.jpg") it will give me a list of results. I delete a file from the list of results (either hitting delete key or right click and delete) and even though it is deleted, it still appears in the list. It will stay in the list until I either refresh the list or re-do the same search.

Other people with the same issue said that the results would refresh on their own after a couple of seconds but mine never will unless I do it manually. This was happening in version 1809 and I updated Windows to the most recent version (1903) and it is still the same issue.

I thought it could be related to the number of results but it doesn't matter if there are 500 or 1, it does not refresh. I am experiencing this behavior on two different computers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Starseed, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Josef Bri Win User

File explorer

Hi Tasmiya,

Thank you for the update.

Any chance you can provide us with the Advance settings window on your File Explorer? We also suggest performing the following steps indicated below.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select Command Prompt(Admin).
    • Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
    • sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    3.Restart the computer and check.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Explorer Does Not Immediately Show Updates to Files Deleted Or Pasted - Similar Threads - Explorer Does Immediately

2. Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer: Hi all,I am running Win 10, 64 bit home, latest update. I have deleted a large number of files and also emptied the recycle bin. They hav e been deleted from my backup drives.However, when I run a search in File Explorer for one of those files, it shows in the search but will...
  3. Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer: Hi all,I am running Win 10, 64 bit home, latest update. I have deleted a large number of files and also emptied the recycle bin. They hav e been deleted from my backup drives.However, when I run a search in File Explorer for one of those files, it shows in the search but will...
  4. Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't paste into File Explorer

Can't paste into File Explorer: Just what it says. I need to create a userChrome.css file for Firefox modifications and File Explorer simply will NOT allow me to paste into the window, paste option is greyed out. This is a new install, build is 19041.264. I searched and found a similar issue back from April...
  6. Right-click, copy & paste, delete a .zip file crashes the file explorer.

Right-click, copy & paste, delete a .zip file crashes the file explorer.: Whenever I try to do something to the .zip file, like right click, control+c to copy it, or delete it, or double left click on it, the file explore will just closes itself and reboot. What should I do with it? Anyone can help? Thanks a lot!...
  7. Paste not working in file explorer

Paste not working in file explorer: Suddenly this afternoon the paste option is gone from file explorer. Every folder on the entire computer + the standalone drives has paste grayed out. I CAN paste into all the office apps. I CAN "save as" docs from word or excel into an explorer folder. I believe I CAN...
  8. File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file

File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file: Hi, contrarily to older versions, windows 10 explorer does not highlight pasted files. When I copy Paste a file in a specific location, or I drag and drop in a window, the focus remain as is and the new location/window will not change focus/highlight the pasted file. so...
  9. Explorer search results - Does not update (refresh) when delete a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer search results - Does not update (refresh) when delete a file: I saw some older posts related to this from 2016 but nothing with a solution. The problem is: I search in explorer for files (ie "*.jpg") it will give me a list of results. I delete a file from the list of results (either hitting delete key or right click and delete) and...
  10. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...