Windows 10: Explorer does not show a preview and does not show anything, why?

Discus and support Explorer does not show a preview and does not show anything, why? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have a problem with Explorer in Windows10, must restart the service each time to access folders, to be able to. Can somebody help me? With kind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CreaGab, Jun 8, 2020.

1. CreaGab Win User

Explorer does not show a preview and does not show anything, why?

Have a problem with Explorer in Windows10, must restart the service each time to access folders, to be able to.

Can somebody help me?

With kind regards

CreaGab

Explorer does not show a preview and does not show anything, why? 0_big.png

:)

CreaGab, Jun 8, 2020

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    preview pane not showing jpg

We appreciate your response. Regarding your concern that the preview pane is not showing for files that are in your OneDrive folders, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by Per Kjellqvist on November 25, 2017.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Explorer does not show a preview and does not show anything, why?

Windows 10 preview pane does not show image previews

I have file explorer open, preview pane is selected. No matter what layout I choose the image file does not show in the preview pane. Large icons, list, it does not show either way.

Any thoughts and ideas?

MatthewS72, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Explorer does not show a preview and does not show anything, why?

1. Explorer does not show a preview and does not show anything, why? - Similar Threads - Explorer does show

2. My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...: My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel and word. I have tried many different methods and none have fixed this problem. I've tried the following:show preview pane under viewshow preview handlers under folder optionsalways show...
  3. My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...: My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel and word. I have tried many different methods and none have fixed this problem. I've tried the following:show preview pane under viewshow preview handlers under folder optionsalways show...
  4. Event ID 4688 not showing anything, but 4696 does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 4688 not showing anything, but 4696 does: Hi,I have turned on Local Security Policy: Advanced Audit Policy Configuration > System Audit Policies > Detailed Tracking > Audit Process Creation = Success. And according to this :...
  5. Event ID 4688 not showing anything, but 4696 does

Event ID 4688 not showing anything, but 4696 does: Hi,I have turned on Local Security Policy: Advanced Audit Policy Configuration > System Audit Policies > Detailed Tracking > Audit Process Creation = Success. And according to this :...
  6. File Explorer shows no preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer shows no preview: Hi..So i have this problem with Images. I'm not sure when it started but I have noticed that File Explorer stopped giving me a thumbnail for Images. It is also showing that my folders are empty by the icons. Please help me fix these. I will attach some pictures below...
  7. File Explorer shows no preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer shows no preview: Hi..So i have this problem with Images. I'm not sure when it started but I have noticed that File Explorer stopped giving me a thumbnail for Images. It is also showing that my folders are empty by the icons. Please help me fix these. I will attach some pictures below...
  8. File Explorer shows no preview

9. explorer does not show usb connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    explorer does not show usb connection: My external1tb ssd is connected via usb3.0 and is not recognised in my explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-does-not-show-usb-connection/57926894-d9e6-486c-8333-39eaeaa3ed15
  10. Mail app live tile does not show anything

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app live tile does not show anything: For the first time ever, since my main OS is Win 7, I tried to use the Mail app. So, I have connected my MS account, the one I use for Win 10, to the Mail application, and have set it to be my Default Mail app. The live tile on my Start Up looks like this (and it does not...