Windows 10: explorer does not show usb connection

Discus and support explorer does not show usb connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My external1tb ssd is connected via usb3.0 and is not recognised in my explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RudiKohlhofer, Aug 14, 2019.

1. explorer does not show usb connection

My external1tb ssd is connected via usb3.0 and is not recognised in my explorer

:)

RudiKohlhofer, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Aug 14, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE

Hi there

Anybody else get the problem of external USB volumes appearing TWICE in the file explorer list (Build 9860).

explorer does not show usb connection [​IMG]

Not a show stopper but annoying.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 14, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

explorer does not show usb connection

Empty USB ports showing in file explorer

O.k. one question i never knew was did you have a front Card Reader on this PC or you just have USB ports on this PC ? If possible update your system specs as much as possible as it show Win 7 here to. Disk management can change letters which will change the order, but since not sure what USB ports or if any card reader ports i would not suggest yet changing it. Can you take screen shots of file explorer and Disk management and post them here.

jds63, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

explorer does not show usb connection

1. explorer does not show usb connection - Similar Threads - explorer does show

2. File Explorer, Storage, USB Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, Storage, USB Connection: Hello. Since a few days i've been transfering songs from my PC to my Android phone via USB. At the beginning everything was fine, but, when i tried to transfer a single file, it seemed to me that it wasn't copied. Since then...file explorer identifies only 394 songs out of...
  3. Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work: Dear community, I'm trying to connect via explorer in Windows 10 to my WD NAS. It does not work with explorer although I'm setting the appropriate credentials (Username of NAS etc.). With the good old "Net use Z. \\....") it works perfect. So where do I have to look to...
  4. Mass Storage device USB 2.0 Windows 10 shows that it is connected, but the drive does not...

Mass Storage device USB 2.0 Windows 10 shows that it is connected, but the drive does not...: why doesn't my mass storage drive show up in windows explorer. The device is connected because I can see its connected, but I cannot use the drive at all....
  5. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  6. Networking folder does not show the connected computers

Networking folder does not show the connected computers: Hi, I have connected 3 windows 10 via network, but the network folder does not show the connected computers. Here is what i see when I open the network Please let me know what settings to be done so i can enable file and printer sharing. The whose system of file and...
  7. Win10 does not see USB Printer connection

Win10 does not see USB Printer connection: HP 1512 all in one printer only has a usb connection (not wireless) It was connected and worked in Win 7 but would not work in Win 10. Win 10 does not recognize the connection during installation. I followed the directions in the printer help, disconnected and...
  8. Empty USB ports showing in file explorer

Empty USB ports showing in file explorer: I just put the 1511 upgrade on (for the third time, but that's another story). I've noticed that when I open File Explorer I have a WHOLE BUNCH of USB ports that have nothing plugged into them... I have no idea what the upgrade did, but these weren't visible previously. How...
  9. USB hard drive connects, but does not show up in Explorer

USB hard drive connects, but does not show up in Explorer: My external 1gb USB hard drive works on several windows 7/8/10 laptops. It used to work with this particular Windows 10 laptop, but has stopped. Other external USB hard drives still work on this laptop. When plugged in, it shows up as ADplus SuperVer USB Device. It is a 1 Gb...
  10. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514