Windows 10: Explorer doesnt load on start up

Discus and support Explorer doesnt load on start up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Everytime i start my computer, i log into my account and get a black screen with this in the corner: [img] I have to ctrl+alt+del to start task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raigan, May 27, 2019.

1. Raigan Win User

Explorer doesnt load on start up

Everytime i start my computer, i log into my account and get a black screen with this in the corner:

Explorer doesnt load on start up [​IMG]

I have to ctrl+alt+del to start task manager and run 'explorer.exe'

How can i fix this?

Thanks

:)

Raigan, May 27, 2019
  2. razghost Win User

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, May 27, 2019
  3. Clint Win User

Thank you.

Clint, May 27, 2019
  4. snickie Win User

Disable Search won't make icons load faster. It just disables the ability to find programs and other stuff fast!
    Naturally I tested your "tips" and still, loading icons are slow. It has to be some other thing going on in W10. Windows 7 didn't have this problem. Microsoft wake up!

snickie, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Explorer doesnt load on start up - Similar Threads - Explorer doesnt load

2. Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.: My keyboard doesnt turn on when my PC does. It does work fine when it comes from sleep mode instead of a full restart.When i unplug the USB to reconnect it often gives me a connect sound and then a disconnect sound. i retry this with different USB ports until it works.My...
  3. Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.: My keyboard doesnt turn on when my PC does. It does work fine when it comes from sleep mode instead of a full restart.When i unplug the USB to reconnect it often gives me a connect sound and then a disconnect sound. i retry this with different USB ports until it works.My...
  4. Infinite loading on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite loading on start up: Yesterday, my comp was lagging a lot so I restarted my pc. After I restarted my pc I was stuck in the loading I tried shutting it down and start it again by using the power button but it didn’t work . So can anyone help me pls...
  5. Infinite loading on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite loading on start up: Yesterday, my comp was lagging a lot so I restarted my pc. After I restarted my pc I was stuck in the loading I tried shutting it down and start it again by using the power button but it didn’t work . So can anyone help me pls...
  6. windows start-up & load-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows start-up & load-up: ever since i got my rtx 2070 super, i7 9700k 32 gb of ram pc, i hv been experiencing slow start-ups (ex: when entering my pw to get on my pc, it takes about 10 secs for the pw input thingy to pop-up)& extremely slow load-up speeds (ex: when getting onto my desktop, everything...
  7. Problem with Explorer on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Explorer on start up: Hello Im having problems when I start the computer, as soon as it logs in explorer crashes and restarts. Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎6/‎18/‎2020 3:17 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to...
  8. explorer doesnt run on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    explorer doesnt run on start up: So I was my internet wasnt working, and I was trying to use the CMD to do some stuff to make it work, only for the CMD to crash everytime I tried to open it. So I read online that in the Registry Editor in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor, if...
  9. Explorer.exe doesnt load on start up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer.exe doesnt load on start up?: Hey All No I know this has been an issue for some years reading the million and one sites I've read but now I have this issue and every single thing I try doesnt work. - Its not an issue within the Regedit - I cant roll back an windows update that doesnt work. - sfc...
  10. Start menu, action center and windows explorer take time to load up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, action center and windows explorer take time to load up: hi, I face this problem for the past few months. Each program takes around 10+ seconds to open. Start menu takes around 4 seconds, action center takes 4 seconds and windows explorer takes more than 10 seconds to open. Same in the case of opening programs like chrome, vlc, ms...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer doesbt load at start up