Windows 10: Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?

Discus and support Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a user who is having issues with his explorer on Windows 10 latest build. When creating folders or files, the explorer isn't refreshing and has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shabs45, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Shabs45 Win User

Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?

I have a user who is having issues with his explorer on Windows 10 latest build. When creating folders or files, the explorer isn't refreshing and has to manually refresh to see changes made to the folder. I've tried numerous solutions and I was just wondering if someone has tried something I haven't. The issue temporarily goes away after restarting the Explorer.exe and returns after using the PC for some time. I'd hate to have to refresh the system, but I've spent too much time already trying to resolve it. I thought I'd post a question here before I do. Things I've tried:The most com

:)

Shabs45, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Paddy Win User

Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.

Same in the safe mode, no changes...

I have tried pretty much all those suggestions from various sites, but none of them worked for me.
    What I have seems to be a major issue, they even call it WEDR bug.
    The only thing that slightly changed recently... sometimes, a few times I managed to get automatic refresh for the Desktop, if I for example do the right click and create a new folder, it does create instantly and is visible straight away.... hoewever this never happens in Windows Explorer... I think I once got a file in C: to be processed automatically but thats it... and never had ANY automatic refresh for any of the folders and files on external drives.

Paddy, Jan 27, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.

And in safe mode? I don't think you've commented on that yet.

Solutions from a general web search:
    What to do when Windows Explorer doesnt refresh | ITworld
    - quite a list - note some of these would be covered by a test in safe mode.
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/deskto...ically-windows
    Windows 7 Annoying Bug: Explorer doesnt refresh automatically when Create/delete/move any file/folder | Syed Jahanzaib Personal Blog to Share Knowledge !

dalchina, Jan 27, 2023
  4. gudiya#1 Win User

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

1. Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why? - Similar Threads - Explorer doesn't refresh

2. Windows 11 Explorer doesn't refresh when a new folder or file gets created - FIXED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer doesn't refresh when a new folder or file gets created - FIXED: Uninstall OneDrive :-. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-explorer-doesnt-refresh-when-a-new/b0c86fc0-0ee5-4684-b4ab-f2964b3ed8e2
  3. Windows 11 Explorer doesn't refresh when a new folder or file gets created - FIXED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer doesn't refresh when a new folder or file gets created - FIXED: Uninstall OneDrive :-. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-explorer-doesnt-refresh-when-a-new/b0c86fc0-0ee5-4684-b4ab-f2964b3ed8e2
  4. Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?: I have a user who is having issues with his explorer on Windows 10 latest build. When creating folders or files, the explorer isn't refreshing and has to manually refresh to see changes made to the folder. I've tried numerous solutions and I was just wondering if someone has...
  5. Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?

Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?: I have a user who is having issues with his explorer on Windows 10 latest build. When creating folders or files, the explorer isn't refreshing and has to manually refresh to see changes made to the folder. I've tried numerous solutions and I was just wondering if someone has...
  6. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  7. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  8. File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.: I noticed that when I move a file for example on my desktop I can't see it unless I'll refresh by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking on refresh. Some weeks ago it did refresh automatically. Why it isn't happening right now? submitted by /u/zKyros_ [link]...
  9. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders: I have w10 1809 up to date, stock install, and my explorer window does not refresh when I download a file or unzip something. How do I correct this? 161885
  10. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder: It seems this is a fairly common problem. At least for my ~5 different Windows 10 computers, it happens all the time. It's probably easiest to reproduce this problem by navigating any network share folder on Explorer and then creating a new folder. But it happens also on...