Windows 10: explorer doesnt run on start up

Discus and support explorer doesnt run on start up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I was my internet wasnt working, and I was trying to use the CMD to do some stuff to make it work, only for the CMD to crash everytime I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shadowzzer, Feb 18, 2019.

1. explorer doesnt run on start up

So I was my internet wasnt working, and I was trying to use the CMD to do some stuff to make it work, only for the CMD to crash everytime I tried to open it. So I read online that in the Registry Editor in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor, if there's an autorun file I should delete it, and I did. But now everytime I boot my computer I go into CMD with no desktop, and I have to write explorer in the CMD for it to go to the desktop. I tried checking the Shell in the regedit, tried to add explorer.exe to startup folder, nothing worked. Then I tried to do a system restore to a previous windows version BUT I get error 0x80070005 when I try to do it. Then I ran "Wise Registry Cleaner", thought it might help. Still cant restore, still get cmd at startup. Can anyone please help me?

I also tried doing a repair upgrade, but while doing it I got a message saying "It looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade, remove the media from your pc and click yes. if you want to perform a clean install instead, click no."

I clicked yes on this message, but then it prompted me to enter a product key which I didn't have, then when I tried to press I dont have a product key and it prompted me to choose a windows 10 version, but the couple of ones I tried left me with a message which I dont really remember what it said. Can anyone please help me?

:)

Shadowzzer, Feb 18, 2019
  2. new_rez Win User

Not run explorer at start up

Hey guys,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how i can disable explorer from running at start up and instead somehow just have cmd load up?

Cheers

new_rez, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 18, 2019
  4. explorer doesnt run on start up

Internet Explorer Pop-Up invisible in Desktop

Thank you for the update, David. For further troubleshooting, we would like to know if Internet Explorer appears in Task Manager even without starting Internet Explorer or it appears and remains in Task Manager after opening and closing Internet Explorer?

If after opening Internet Explorer and it appears and remains in the Task Manager, we suggest opening Internet Explorer without add-ons and see if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click
      Run.
    Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard.

• In the Run box, type iexplore.exe -extoff
      and press Enter.

If doing the steps above eliminates the issue, then we suggest following this
    article
    for you to be able to manage/disable add-ons that's causing the issue in Internet Explorer 11. Managing
    other versions are also available at the bottom of the article.

We will be waiting for your update.

Loreto Osa, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

explorer doesnt run on start up

1. explorer doesnt run on start up - Similar Threads - explorer doesnt run

2. Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.: My keyboard doesnt turn on when my PC does. It does work fine when it comes from sleep mode instead of a full restart.When i unplug the USB to reconnect it often gives me a connect sound and then a disconnect sound. i retry this with different USB ports until it works.My...
  3. Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.: My keyboard doesnt turn on when my PC does. It does work fine when it comes from sleep mode instead of a full restart.When i unplug the USB to reconnect it often gives me a connect sound and then a disconnect sound. i retry this with different USB ports until it works.My...
  4. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.: I currently have Facebook Messenger uninstalled on my computer. However, it still runs on start up. It doesn't show up on installed apps and start up folder but still opens upon start up.Whenever it does, open, Tasks Manager sees it running and suddenly is on my computer....
  5. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.: I currently have Facebook Messenger uninstalled on my computer. However, it still runs on start up. It doesn't show up on installed apps and start up folder but still opens upon start up.Whenever it does, open, Tasks Manager sees it running and suddenly is on my computer....
  6. Start doesnt open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start doesnt open: Hello i have moderately annoying thing, my start menu wont open after start. It have different icon that it should, i dont see any pinned programs except cortana. I can right click on menu with this options: When i press exit, my start menu is back I can live with that, its...
  7. Problem with Explorer on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Explorer on start up: Hello Im having problems when I start the computer, as soon as it logs in explorer crashes and restarts. Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎6/‎18/‎2020 3:17 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to...
  8. run dll error at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    run dll error at start up: Since I upgraded to Windows 10, ver 1903 I get this error message: "There was a problem starting c:\windows\system32\logiLDA.dll" How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dll-error-at-start-up/a8568b1a-116a-4f7d-9d30-d0e7262e0713
  9. Explorer doesnt load on start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer doesnt load on start up: Everytime i start my computer, i log into my account and get a black screen with this in the corner: [img] I have to ctrl+alt+del to start task manager and run 'explorer.exe' How can i fix this? Thanks 133477
  10. Explorer.exe doesnt load on start up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer.exe doesnt load on start up?: Hey All No I know this has been an issue for some years reading the million and one sites I've read but now I have this issue and every single thing I try doesnt work. - Its not an issue within the Regedit - I cant roll back an windows update that doesnt work. - sfc...