Windows 10: Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10

Discus and support Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10 131962 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve9, May 3, 2019.

1. Steve9 Win User

Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10

:)

Steve9, May 3, 2019

2. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, May 3, 2019
  3. bubbaearl Win User
    Drag and drop not working???

When I connect my Moto Q9c (Win mobile 6.1) to my computer (XP sp3) via Active Sync 4.5, I can no longer drag and drop files from Explore. When I try, the cursor changes to a circle with a line through it. I'm positive I've "dragged and dropped" before.
    Is there a setting I could have changed and not realized it? Syncing still works, but not drag and drop.

bubbaearl, May 3, 2019
  4. Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10

Drag and drop between text fields not working on IE 11, Win 10

No, that doesn't answer the question, either.

I didn't ask how to program a web page. I asked why IE 11 on Win 10, and specifically IE 11 on Win 10, doesn't seem to be able to do what Edge can do...and Chrome and Firefox and even IE 11 on Win 7: The ability to drag text and drop it into a form field.
    Every browser can do this. Even Internet Explorer 11 on Win 7 can do this. It is only IE 11 on Win 10 that has this problem.

And yet, here you are claiming that it only works on IE 9 and earlier. That is simply not true. Once again, I gave explicit instructions on how to replicate the issue. Did you bother to pay attention to them and try?
    This makes twice you've not read the post but decided to answer a completely unrelated question. Thank you for restoring the headline of my post, but you're still not paying attention.

For the third time:

• Go to a page in Internet Explore 11 on Windows 10 that has a form in it with two fields.
    • Enter some text in the first field.
    • Select the text.
    • Try to drag and drop it into the second field.
    You'll find that you can't. Note, you don't even need to have two fields. Just have some plain text on the page, select it, and then try to drag it into one of the text fields. You'll find that you can't.

Now, try this in Chrome: It works. Try this in Firefox: It works. Try this in Edge on Win 10: It works. Try this in IE 11 on Win 7: It works. On top of that, if the page is long, you can drag the item down and the page will scroll so that you can
    get to lower parts of the page to drop it where you want, but not on Internet Explore 11 on Windows 10.

The only browser this doesn't work in is Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10. Is this expected behaviour? Is there no ability to drag and drop items in IE 11 on Win 10? If so, that's a major bug.

Now, will you stop trying to answer something I'm not talking about and pay attention? Again, if I seem snippy and if you feel like you are being treated like a child, it is because of the unprofessionalism you are showing.

BrianPEvans, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10 - Similar Threads - Explorer Drag Drop

2. Drag drop feature not working in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag drop feature not working in win 11: the drag drop feature reintroduced in win 11 in 22h2 update is not working on new fresh copy of window installed via iso file, downloaded on 23 July 2023, I have spent nearly 3 hours with support. They do admit the issue, as they were able to do it on their system, but not on...
  3. Drag drop feature not working in win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag drop feature not working in win 11: the drag drop feature reintroduced in win 11 in 22h2 update is not working on new fresh copy of window installed via iso file, downloaded on 23 July 2023, I have spent nearly 3 hours with support. They do admit the issue, as they were able to do it on their system, but not on...
  4. file explorer drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer drag and drop: After my last update there is no right pane in the file explorer to drag and drop files. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-drag-and-drop/f2190733-2938-485c-880e-58d172f73f16
  5. Drag n Drop in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag n Drop in Win 10: Can you drag & drop files from one Explorer window to another? This is by right clicking the file and moving it holding the mouse down, then release in the target location. It's always worked for me in XP but Win 10 does not. It will however, r-click copy and then r-click...
  6. Drag and Drop not working, can't move explorer windows, Windows 10 is up to date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop not working, can't move explorer windows, Windows 10 is up to date: I had a problem start yesterday that I can't resolve and it's really making PC use inconvenient: I can't drag and drop files, move desktop icons, move files within a folder, or move open windows on the desktop. I can copy and paste, and cut and paste. An important clue I...
  7. Drag and Drop to move files not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop to move files not working: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.407). I was trying to move a folder to another folder. So I did the following: 1. I dragged the folder to be moved with mouse. 2. Pressed Alt+tab to switch to the target folder. 3. The...
  8. Drag & Drop not working on a new install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag & Drop not working on a new install of Win 10: After doing an upgrade from Win 7 to 10, I find that the drag & drop function isn't working. I've tried the fixes found here and on several other forums but no joy. I got the download from MS which also loaded the install files on a thumb drive. I then installed using the...
  9. Unable to Drag-And-Drop in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Drag-And-Drop in Explorer: I find I'm unable to drag an drop in Explorer. For instance, when I want to extract a file from a zip file I drag to the folder and drop it but it doesn't get placed in the folder. This occurs with any drag and drop procedure. I am however able to copy and paste....
  10. File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work: Hello, when I try to drag and drop a file using file explorer, it shows a red "unavailable" icon. I also haven't found a way to disable the annoying time and date text at the bottom left of the lock screen (which was easily done in Windows 8.1 as documented on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ie sharepoint modern list form drag and drop doesnt work

2. drag and drog edge explorer not working

3. if i drag and drop from explorer to sharepoint 2019 does it copy or sync

4. explorer unable to drag move windows,
  5. drag and drop sharepoint library 2013 not working on ie 11 windows 10