Windows 10: Explorer error: Windows cannot find ... make sure you typed the name correctly - a solution

Discus and support Explorer error: Windows cannot find ... make sure you typed the name correctly - a solution in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I could not open Adobe Acrobat in spite of just uninstalling and re-installing it. I just received the "Windows cannot find..." error. But I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arturian#, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Arturian# Win User

Explorer error: Windows cannot find ... make sure you typed the name correctly - a solution

I could not open Adobe Acrobat in spite of just uninstalling and re-installing it. I just received the "Windows cannot find..." error.

But I found a solution:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-make-sure-you-typed-the-name/6c60a27d-115f-474b-aaf7-2ac3d8367f26

In it DJMode suggests that Avast an anti-virus may have added a Debugger key in the registry.

I typed

regedit

into Cortana and chose Run as Administrator then looked in

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

I looked there for AcroRd32.exe the Acrobat program I can't open and found it had a Debugger key created by AVG, an antivirus I am NO LONGER RUNNING I just use windows defender, at the moment.

I deleted the data field for the Debugger key and now I can access Adobe Acrobat.

I am looking through the other program entries that I cannot open for Debugger keys and after that I need to check AVG is properly uninstalled the key may be a left-over from when I was using AVG a couple of years back.

My point in this discussion is to highlight the fact that deleting a registry Debugger key's data field created by an anti-virus may help even if it is not Avast or AVG.

:)

Arturian#, Aug 17, 2020

2. Windows cannot find '-a'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again.

On every startup I get this error message:

Windows cannot find '-a'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again.

this message also popup whenever I try to run CMD or COMMAND

Farid Shawki, Aug 17, 2020
  3. AlLanger Win User
    Windows cannot find ...... Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again error message

When I try to access any of my files on my hard drive I get the following message:

Windows cannot find ...... Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again error message

AlLanger, Aug 17, 2020
  4. abidsahed Win User

Explorer error: Windows cannot find ... make sure you typed the name correctly - a solution

windows cannot find 'ping'. Make sure you type the name correctly

when i try to ping from command prompt. everytime I get this error "windows cannot find 'ping'. make sure you type the name correctly and try again"

can anyone please help me out to solve this problem already disabled firewall but not worked

abidsahed, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Explorer error: Windows cannot find ... make sure you typed the name correctly - a solution - Similar Threads - Explorer error cannot

2. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  3. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  4. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  5. Windows cannot find explorer.exe, Make sure you typed the name correctly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot find explorer.exe, Make sure you typed the name correctly: [ATTACH]Many users have reported this issue that when they click on the File Explorer icon present in the taskbar of their Windows 11/10 computer, they receive an error, and are unable to open File Explorer. Though there are many ways to open File Explorer of Windows 11/10...
  6. Windows cannot find '...'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again - Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find '...'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again - Error: Hello.Some days ago I accidentally downloaded a malware on my computer. I deleted it completely using MalwareBytes, but now every 20-30 minutes an error popup windows appears saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\lauti\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  7. Windows cannot find "winservices.exe". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot find "winservices.exe". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...: The windows defender detected coin miner malware. It requires access to winservices.exe.Before I removed this malware. winservices.exe can be found in the Program files/winincludes/ folder. Now it has been removed.I blocked and remove the malware using windows defender. It...
  8. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly: Crazy morning!!! Today Windows doesn't want find a couple of programs. Some are in C drive other in D driver. Office too is not working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, for example Foxit, but I cannot still run it. To run the programm I went under the directory and...
  9. Error: Windows Cannot Find '--noAMD'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: Windows Cannot Find '--noAMD'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...: When i start windows following error is prompted on the screen. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-windows-cannot-find-noamd-make-sure-you/b4681f84-a512-4f25-9f1f-b64166f9bc0c
  10. Windows cannot find ...... Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot find ...... Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again error...: When I try to access any of my files on my hard drive I get the following message: Windows cannot find ...... Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again error message...