Windows 10: Explorer error

Discus and support Explorer error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting this message. Explorer.EXE This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StevePieringer, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Explorer error

I keep getting this message.

Explorer.EXE

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Appls Settings page.

:)

StevePieringer, Jan 24, 2020

2. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer not working

Hi,

To better assist you with your Internet Explorer concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Internet Explorer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Excel?

Meanwhile, you can refer to PranavMishra5582's suggested steps in fixing Internet Explorer issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Explorer error

Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Explorer error

1. Explorer error - Similar Threads - Explorer error

2. I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes.: Whenever it happens, I'm downloading files using Chrome. And the destination folder is the one hit by the "Working On It" thing. But when the downloads are finished, and I close Chrome, the files suddenly appear with their correct icons and are accessible. Conflict with...
  3. file explorer with preview on errors in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer with preview on errors in windows 10: when ever I click on an Outlook 365 email message I get the error message Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client We have tried to delete...
  4. Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring!

Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring!: I don't know why but recently (maybe the last couple of months) explorer seems to crash and keeps giving me these messages. It's becoming very annoying, how can I resolve this? Screenshot Examples submitted by /u/JLChamberlain42 [link] [comments]...
  5. Error on file search on File explorer after 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error on file search on File explorer after 1909: Hello. After update 1909, the search on file explorer does not work properly. I really wish back to old type search or find anyone help me. When the search does not properly, the symptoms are as below; Firstly, I could not click the search box even left or right...
  6. File Explorer Internal Errors and App Default Resets

File Explorer Internal Errors and App Default Resets: I've been working with one of our users that is getting "An internal error occurred" when trying to open PDFs in File Explorer. They are also seeing the PDF default constantly switch back to Edge. On the affected machine, I have: Recreated the user's profile in windows...
  7. Error 0x80004001, while updating properties of M4A files in Windows 10 using Windows Explorer

Error 0x80004001, while updating properties of M4A files in Windows 10 using Windows Explorer: Why am I getting error 0x80004001, when I change the attributes of M4A files in Windows Explorer, in Windows 10. Till couple of weeks back, I was able to. Even now, in Mp3 files, I am able to change the attributes, but not for M4A types of files. Can someone throw some...
  8. Windows 10 version 1803 - Dark Mode (error: File explorer)

Windows 10 version 1803 - Dark Mode (error: File explorer): Hello every1, I've been bashing my head looking for a software to darken my folders view. As you may know, the dark mode for file explorer was built into a windows update that came after the 1803 version. Now, my Win 10 is bugging hard core style and I cannot update it,...
  9. Windows 10 version 1803 - Dark Mode (error: File explorer)

Windows 10 version 1803 - Dark Mode (error: File explorer): Hello every1, I've been bashing my head looking for a software to darken my folders view. As you may know, the dark mode for file explorer was built into a windows update that came after the 1803 version. Now, my Win 10 is bugging hard core style and I cannot update it,...
  10. Error: This Process Cannot Be Completed The File Is Open In Windows Explorer when...

Error: This Process Cannot Be Completed The File Is Open In Windows Explorer when...: I have Windows 10 Home, when trying to delete or move some video files I get "this process cannot be completed because the file is open in windows explorer." I restarted explorer.exe but that didn't help. Rebooting will work briefly, but if I later trying to delete/move...