Windows 10: Explorer.exe and Wait Chain Traversal

Discus and support Explorer.exe and Wait Chain Traversal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ive been using my desktop for around 3 years now. It has a nvme ssd. The problem is that when i open my explorer.exe file manager my file manager just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by asoolin, Apr 14, 2020.

1. asoolin Win User

Explorer.exe and Wait Chain Traversal

Ive been using my desktop for around 3 years now. It has a nvme ssd. The problem is that when i open my explorer.exe file manager my file manager just simply stops working, i can not insert a screen shot as my explorer wouldnt open. From what i see from resource monitor, explorer.exe is waiting on searchindexer.exe for alot of Wait Chain Traversal. Im new to looking into problems, i want to know if the problem is caused by my c drive? or does my computer have a problem?

:)

asoolin, Apr 14, 2020
  2. MaxKnez Win User

Please help me how to fix wait chains

can u please help maybe how to make a wait chain traversal or something like that so i can fix that

MaxKnez, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Gaia Win User
    How to auto create a dump of a process when a wait chain is stuck for more than x seconds?

When a process hangs temporarily and resource monitor/task manager show there is something stuck in the wait chain, I can

1. use for example Process Explorer to create a dump of it
    2. open WinDbg and run !analyze -v -hang to see which thread was responsible for >3 seconds wait chain.

But I can't do it fast enough to catch a dump while the short lived wait chain is waiting.

I looked at ProcDump but it doesn't seem to be possible to do an auto dump when a wait chain is stuck for more than 3 seconds.

WhatIsHang doesn't even list the process I want to monitor (Slack)

In Windows 10 x64 Pro (1607), how to auto create a dump of a process when a wait chain is stuck for more than x seconds?

4. MaxKnez Win User

Please help me how to fix wait chains

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can please help me with this issue. As you can see I don't know how to fix these wait chains in javaw,exe program they also apear in my chrome and skype and they are causing lag so can anyone please tell how to delete
    those threads. I have tried evertyhing also reseting windows and it doesnt work im desperate can someone help me thanks.
    Explorer.exe and Wait Chain Traversal 43ad0ec4-0ac1-43a5-8d94-b5eb2c2adf72.png

MaxKnez, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe and Wait Chain Traversal - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Wait

2. BSOD chain into restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD chain into restart loop: I built my pc a few months ago & haven’t really had any issues up until like last week. Just now it got really bad, I’m getting BSOD after BSOD and it’s always the same four errors:...
  3. Hanging Application - Wait Chain Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hanging Application - Wait Chain Question: Hello,I have a video application called Cyberlink PowerDirector.Recently, when I try to do edits - it hangs. I checked the details and noticed the 'analyze wait chain'.Would someone give me an answer as to what this is doing?Thread 6482 PDR.exe is the one hanging in the task...
  4. Outlook: "chaining of emails"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook: "chaining of emails": Outlook automatically "chains" replies with an original sent email with attachments. When this happens I loose the attachments and thus cannot open them. How do I stop this automatic chaining so each received email and reply remain independent and unattached to each other?...
  5. Is there a way to auto-traverse folders in empty folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to auto-traverse folders in empty folders?: For example, if I have a folder structure like this: src\main\java If all the folders are empty, except for containing one other folder, I’d like it to open straight to Java when I open main, with the option of navigating back to a specific folder via the address bar if I...
  6. Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds

Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds: Hello guys, Since this morning my PC HP Laptop ; Windows 10 Pro ; 64 Bits ; build 1903 - 18362.1082 get a bug where my Windows Files Explorer stop working and then restart everytime by itself. I have check a little bit the task manager and there is the result : [ATTACH]...
  7. Idle case ANALYZE WAIT CHAIN SHOWING one or more threads of java.exe are waiting to finish...

Idle case ANALYZE WAIT CHAIN SHOWING one or more threads of java.exe are waiting to finish...: I'm working on java spring boot application, deployed in a windows server. After deployed the application with out send any events idle case in the analyze wait chain showing this message "one or more threads of java.exe are waiting to finish network I/O". SO i checked...
  8. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  9. Wait Chain Loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wait Chain Loop: Some apps keep waiting for an svchost.exe(which seemed to be the RcpEptMapper & RcpSs services). And that svchost.exe is also waiting for the said apps. In conclusion, the apps will never run. How do I fix this?...
  10. Right click on explorer doesn't allow to traverse subdirectories

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on explorer doesn't allow to traverse subdirectories: Hello, I have a very specific question about the Windows 10. This started from recently, like in the last couple of months. Thus, I presume it might be an update that triggered this behavior and should be corrected. Namely, when one right-clicks on the explorer, pinned at...