Windows 10: Explorer.exe Appcrash

Discus and support Explorer.exe Appcrash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, Explorer.exe had an app crash and it spooked me a little. I'm posting this thread to ask if this was some random one-off thing or if there's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Psyga315, May 28, 2022.

1. Psyga315 Win User

Explorer.exe Appcrash

So, Explorer.exe had an app crash and it spooked me a little. I'm posting this thread to ask if this was some random one-off thing or if there's something wrong.SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped workingDate‎2022-‎05-‎28 12:06 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version: 10.0.19041.1706Application Timestamp: 5dbc9541Fault Module Name: StackHash_35daFault Module Version: 10.0.1904

:)

Psyga315, May 28, 2022

2. explorer appcrash

Hello Torekhan,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the Explorer crashes with the
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

If you are able to login to the desktop, I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Disable all non-Microsoft services and not necessary startup apps.

A. To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called
    Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may
    also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a
    clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
    may prevent you from following these steps.

B. To disable any 3rd party unwanted startup programs in Windows 8 and above, follow:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/20119.how-to-enable-or-disable-startup-programs-in-windows-8.aspx

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Method 2:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information is helpful. if you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 28, 2022
  3. APPCRASH

Recently I have installed JcppEdit, It has been installed successfully, but, I can't execute the .exe file ccreated in C++ using JcppEdit 4.0. It is showing APPCRASH window. I shall be oblized for any help

AVIJIT.PATHAK, May 28, 2022
  4. Torekhan Win User

Explorer.exe Appcrash

explorer appcrash

Source

Windows Explorer
    Summary

Stopped working
    Date

‎11/‎16/‎2015 6:33 PM
    Status

Report sent
    Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Explorer.EXE

Application Version: 10.0.10586.0

Application Timestamp: 5632d3ac

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.10586.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5632d13a

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0007d7ba

OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: a3dc

Additional Information 2: a3dc5dbdb64b01201fd6b823fc873afe

Additional Information 3: 070c

Additional Information 4: 070ca836165a207259949964b9148c30
    Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 53a16c2901ec246b919302e9b0be0261 (107718895341)

Torekhan, May 28, 2022
Thema:

Explorer.exe Appcrash

1. Explorer.exe Appcrash - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Appcrash

2. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  3. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  4. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Appcrash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Appcrash: Hello,We use a third party software called Salespad. We have it set up to scan and ship items. During a certain point in our process Salespad crashes on us.This happens when they scan items and then click accept. We get the below message. We have already increased our memory...
  6. APPCRASH

APPCRASH: Recently I have installed JcppEdit, It has been installed successfully, but, I can't execute the .exe file ccreated in C++ using JcppEdit 4.0. It is showing APPCRASH window. I shall be oblized for any help...
  7. appcrash

in Windows 10 Customization
    appcrash: When attempting to play a game i get an appcrash error The error showed was Source ros.exe Summary Stopped working Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\ros\ros.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name:...
  8. problem on APPCRASH

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problem on APPCRASH: hi,how do we sought out problem with APPCRASH on window 10,caused by improper closure of the window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-on-appcrash/c81002b5-deb2-4593-9945-0e493bbc99c1"
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. APPCRASH

APPCRASH: In the last 2-3 days have had several different application crashing events. In all cases the faulting module name is drvstore.dll version 10.0.17134.1. Does anyone know how to fix this?...