Windows 10: Explorer.exe blank error when using Load registry key

Discus and support Explorer.exe blank error when using Load registry key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So most of you must be knowing about the "Load" registry entry in Code: "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Oct 31, 2017.

1. lolcocks Win User

Explorer.exe blank error when using Load registry key

So most of you must be knowing about the "Load" registry entry in

Code: "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows"[/quote] Basically, whatever path to exe you put inside this registry entry, will load at start up.

There's a lot of information about this on the internet, if you get this error just delete the Load registry key... etc.

Now, in my case I want to use this key to load a program on startup but whenever I try to put any path in this key, I get the blank Explorer.exe error. Already tested on 3 Windows 10 machines with Build 15063, all 3 machines give the same error. *Sad

Anyone know more about this?

:)

lolcocks, Oct 31, 2017
  2. Alan B Win User

Black Screen after a couple of minutes after windows 10 login on HP Probook 6560b

A past virus infection can stop Explorer.exe from running. This happens after the actual virus file has been removed but the registry entry that causes it to load when explorer is loaded remains. As Explorer cannot load the virus it does not load at
    all so you will not find it listed under Task Manager and you won't be able to launch it manually. However if you copy explorer.exe to explorer2.exe then explorer2.exe should run.

Alan B, Oct 31, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    Explorer and task bar crashing and resetting when trying to load files.

Can you check if the following registry key exists:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\explorer.exe

auggy, Oct 31, 2017
  4. Explorer.exe blank error when using Load registry key

Yes, the same odd looking error here. Any reason, you want to use that particular key?

TairikuOkami, Oct 31, 2017
  5. lolcocks Win User
    No reason actually, this error started popping up on some of my office PCs so I decided to dig in a little deep.

Also, I partially solved it. If I add a comma (,) at the end of the path it works. Error goes away.

But if the entire path has a single space in it, it will still give the Explorer.exe error.
    I tried using double and single quotes but that too didn't work. *Sad

lolcocks, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer.exe blank error when using Load registry key

1. Explorer.exe blank error when using Load registry key - Similar Threads - Explorer exe blank

2. Registry Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Key: hello, I'm wondering if this value found in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows is normal.the value name is "Load" with the value data of "C:\Windows\System32\msn.exe, C:\Windows\System32\msh.exe"thank you...
  3. lag when using arrow keys in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag when using arrow keys in file explorer: hi I am running in windows 11 version 21H2 OS build 22000.194 I face a lag when using arrow keys in file explorer what can I do to fix this issue thanks...
  4. lag when using arrow keys in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag when using arrow keys in file explorer: hi I am running in windows 11 version 21H2 OS build 22000.194 I face a lag when using arrow keys in file explorer what can I do to fix this issue thanks...
  5. Screen blanking when using Zoom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blanking when using Zoom: I know a lot of people are having trouble with this: I just bought a brand new HP all-in-one so I don't have to use my laptop for Zoom meetings, but the screen blacks out and does some weird jumping when I'm in Zoom meetings. My old HP laptop does not have this issue, so I...
  6. Error opening a Registry key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error opening a Registry key: Hi, I was installing Autodesk Maya. In the middle of the installation, an error came up "Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\E968ED8BEF966D7418BF06E3D381CE1E\D14ED748A5C125A4DA4DEA077875DEDB Verify that you have sufficient access to the key or contact your support...
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...: Good day, What does this mean? In my laptop (Windows 10 64 bit Home) In Registry Editor. HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Shell Folders. It is a key that is called !Do not use this registry key. Entered value: Use the...
  9. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  10. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer.exe error fix without load data