Windows 10: Explorer.exe causing stutters

Discus and support Explorer.exe causing stutters in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Greetings everyone. My explorer.exe is causing some performance issues on my PC. I use it mostly for gaming, but even if I'm browsing on the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Renan003, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe causing stutters

Greetings everyone. My explorer.exe is causing some performance issues on my PC. I use it mostly for gaming, but even if I'm browsing on the internet or watching videos my PC will freeze for around 2 seconds every 2-3 minutes. I pinpointed the culprit to be explorer.exe, because, whenever these stutters happen, there's a spike on CPU usage from explorer.exe, and also shutting if off on task manager ceases the stutters entirely. But having to close and open explorer.exe all the time is a pain, so I want to find a solution for this issue. I already tried:

-deleting all desktop icons,

-run chkdsk on cmd

-reinstall windows 10

My computer specs are:

Asus X570-P Prime

Ryzen 5 3600

ASrock Challenger RX 5700 XT

32GB of DDR4 memmory (Crucial Ballitix CL16 3200MHz 2x16GB)

275GB SSD (Crucial MX300 M.2)

2TB SSD (WD Blue Sata III)

1TB and 3TB HDD (both are Seagate Barracudas)

submitted by /u/Renan003
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Renan003, Apr 14, 2020
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Stuttering speakers

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the delay in getting to your post. It may be possible that this is caused by your audio frequency not matching with your speakers. Follow these steps and see if they resolve the stuttering in Internet Explorer:

1. Right-click speaker icon in taskbar.
    2. Choose Playback Devices and select your Sound Device.
    3. Right-click your Sound Device and select
      Properties
      then click Advanced tab.
    4. Switch to 24 bit, 96000 Hz under Default Format.
    5. You're also welcome to try the other frequency to check if the others can help.

Reply back if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Explorer.exe causing stutters

Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem

• Does it happen if you start Windows 10 in safe mode?
    • Just for testing, have you tried setting "Processor power management" to always 100%.

Explorer.exe causing stutters [​IMG]

Bruce Wayne, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe causing stutters

1. Explorer.exe causing stutters - Similar Threads - Explorer exe causing

2. Wifi causing Computer to Stutter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi causing Computer to Stutter: So for a while now more than a month my computer has been stuttering under a specific wifi. I know it's this wifi cause whenever I go into a new wifi signal this doesn't happen, what happens is that my computer will have stutters audio and visual; get network errors when I...
  3. Xbox controller causing stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller causing stutter: Has anyone found a fix for this yet this problem seems to have been going on for years now and I have never seen a fix. I have tried everything I have found online and nothing works. Connected controller with usb, bluetooth, and windows own adapter. Nothing I have turned...
  4. nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering: Upon downloading my graphics drivers for my Nvidia Card, nvlddmkm.sys has caused major stuttering and lag. Anyone who can help? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvlddmkmsys-causes-stuttering/6ba3a009-bad8-4d44-b70a-88654df9daf6
  5. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  6. Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?: Hi All, I've been having an issue for months now, appreciate if anyone could help me out. My PC tends to stutter at random. FPS in games remain constant 60-40 but audio crackles and the display lags. As far as I can tell, the stuttering is random as CPU/GPU/Memory never hit...
  7. rundll32.exe causes heavy problems

rundll32.exe causes heavy problems: Hi everyone, It's simply impossible to work fluently without been stopped, because of this process. All rundll32 processes in Task Manager point to the same process in system32. Many antivirus softwares have been tried, but nothing found. System info: Lenovo yoga with i7...
  8. Connected network causing Windows to stutter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected network causing Windows to stutter: Hi all, A new, clean install of Windows 10 is behaving very strangely and it's driving me mad. Granted, this is quite an old computer, X58 + Xeon W3530, so there might be compatibility issues but I'm hoping it's something I can fix in Windows itself. Firstly,...
  9. Stuttering in games caused by svchost process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuttering in games caused by svchost process: Ok so in some of my games, when I am playing I get random stutters, the cause of which I have finally narrowed down to svchost being the culprit. Before I go any further my PC specs are: Core i7 6700 GTX 1070 16 GB 2133 Mhz RAM 250 GB SSD 1 TB HDD I have Windows...
  10. Software Protection Service causing stutter

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Protection Service causing stutter: Once or twice a day I get a half second of stutter where my video and audio will stutter for half a second. The only thing I've found in the Windows Logs seems to be the Software Protection Service starts when the stutter happens. Any ideas? I've done a full format with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer exe making games stutter