Windows 10: Explorer.exe Class not found

Discus and support Explorer.exe Class not found in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So hey guys, I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here. So I booted up my computer on Monday, loaded fine and everything seemed to work until i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davii, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Davii Win User

Explorer.exe Class not found

So hey guys, I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here. So I booted up my computer on Monday, loaded fine and everything seemed to work until i tried opening the file explorer, when boom error message.

Explorer.exe Class not found [​IMG]

Being an Com Sci major and having some experience with viruses and windows misbehaving, I went straight into trying to trying to fix my issue, but it wasn't as simple as i thought it would be.

Firstly i did a complete scan with Malwarebytes and it found 'Legit.BatBitRst' which is an adware trojan. Malwarebyte got rid of it and i thought my problem was solved. No it wasn't.

So i went online looking up this issue. Found that i might just need to reregister the explorerframe.dll. That didn't work either:

So in doing some more reading i saw were it might be some windows feature settings related to IE and Edge so i tried opening control panel:

I even tried windows update to see if that would help but when i click update and security in settings, it just quits.

I've tried sfc/scannow which said that some files are corrupted but it couldn't fix them, did the dism/online thing after which completed successfully but didn't solve the issue after running sfc/scannow again.

CBS.log.zip

Remove the .zip extension to access the file. It was just renamed with notepad++

Only things that I have not tried, is doing a clean boot, or a safe boot; and currently my other antivirus software, Eset Smart Security, is doing a deep administrative scan of the App Data, Program Data, and Windows folders, but i dont have my hopes up as the last scan it did came back clean.

So i'm at my wits end, any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Enterprise x64
    Intel i5-3210M 2.6GHz(3.0GHz)
    Nvidia GT635M 1GB
    8GB RAM (7.9 usable)
    700GB HDD

:)

Davii, Feb 12, 2019

2. Class not registered for explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive Class not registered error. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “services.msc” and hit ok to open the services window.
    Scroll down to find “Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service” and ensure to have this service started and check if this helps.

I also suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

1. Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    "class not registered" error

Hi Eddie,

For better assistance, are you getting the error with this specific file only?

We suggest checking this thread to resolve the "Class not Registered"
    error.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Explorer.exe Class not found

Business Class

well i figured out something, the business class CPUs are labled with a B and the 00 Phenoms are B3 Stepping now.

eidairaman1, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Explorer.exe Class not found

1. Explorer.exe Class not found - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Class

2. after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...: after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not registered and tool bar is not working , start menu is not working so settings is not opening...
  3. Trojan Found classed as "severe"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Found classed as "severe": I had a threat shown on my "Windows Security" and it showed that it has been quarantined and i was fine with it but i thought why not just remove it from the device altogether and i actually "Restored it". Now i am not able to do anything about it. The threat is classed as...
  4. Trojan Found classed as "severe"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan Found classed as "severe": I had a threat shown on my "Windows Security" and it showed that it has been quarantined and i was fine with it but i thought why not just remove it from the device altogether and i actually "Restored it". Now i am not able to do anything about it. The threat is classed as...
  5. Trojan Found classed as "severe"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regsvr32.exe class not registered: Hello, so today when i turn on my windows10 a pop up appear "C\windows\system32\regsvr32.execlass not registered" can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  7. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regsvr32.exe class not registered: Hello, so today when i turn on my windows10 a pop up appear "C\windows\system32\regsvr32.execlass not registered" can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  8. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Unrecognized .exe file found.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unrecognized .exe file found.: Hey! I have Windows 10 20H2 installed in my computer. Once I was using my computer I just went for Data Usage Overview just for check in. While I was scrolling down I found an .exe file named 71c8.tmp.exe. I just want to know whether it is a malware or any other kind of file...
  10. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
Tags: