Windows 10: Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

Discus and support Explorer.exe Class Not Registered in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 x64, version 16299.64. On my standard local user account which I do not use often is the problem maker.......All the ModernApps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imkvinayan, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

I am running windows 10 x64, version 16299.64. On my standard local user account which I do not use often is the problem maker.......All the ModernApps and the Start Menu do not work..........A box with title 'Explorer.exe' and message "Class Not Registered" pops out....

The problem is only in this account....

I have made a video detailing the problem the link is-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...mp/Problem.mp4

A Speccy TXT of my System - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...TOB-TBJEK7.txt
    Please help soon!!!

:)

imkvinayan, Dec 30, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 30, 2017
  3. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

Thank you for sharing us this workaround. Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Other community members who may experience the same issue will find this helpful.

All the best!

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 30, 2017
  4. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

Did a elevated command prompt with sfc /scannow give any error message?

Hearsepilot, Dec 30, 2017
  5. It finds integrity violations but it says it could not repair them..........

I also tried an cmd based app called "SFCFix" but out said there is no integrity violation

imkvinayan, Dec 30, 2017
  6. I also tried some powershell commands I found online to re register these apps but that too failed..............

This is a screenshot of the sfc /scannow
    I have also attached the CBS.log- https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hadylby3dy9hwm9/CBS.log

Explorer.exe Class Not Registered [​IMG]

imkvinayan, Dec 31, 2017
  7. First make sure you have installed all Windows updates.

To open an elevated Command Prompt window In Windows 10 type cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

Run below command from Command Prompt that is open as administrator.

Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote]

You would use DISM to fix Windows component store corruption when a sfc /scannow command is unable to repair corrupted or modified system files because the component store (source) is corrupted.

SFC should be able to repair the files afterwards. Execute below command to make sure corrupted system files repaired.

Code: Sfc /Scannow[/quote]
    Check to see issue has been resolved.

FreeBooter, Dec 31, 2017
  8. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

imkvinayan, Dec 31, 2017
  9. Lets hope it will work if it does not can you please attached "C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" log file to your next post but make sure to execute Sfc /Scannow command then attached the newly created CBS.log to you next post.

What else problem you are having that needs to be repaired?

FreeBooter, Dec 31, 2017
  10. pepanee Win User
    Try solutions 2 and 3: Fix: Error on Windows 10

Also BTW, which program did you use to record the video? I've always found software that records my Desktop really buggy and glitchy. Yours is really smooth. I want that program that you're using. What's it called?

pepanee, Jan 1, 2018
  11. imkvinayan, Jan 1, 2018
  12. The log----------https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.co...m9/CBS_New.log

imkvinayan, Jan 1, 2018
  13. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

Done all of them still no change..........

I use Camtasia---- Screen Recording & Video Editing Software | Camtasia | TechSmith

It has even a fully functional editor as well..... Though I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC(For editing)........

I recommend the pro version as work the trial one the no of videos per day is limited.........(Pro---$199)

imkvinayan, Jan 1, 2018
  14. The CBS.log you have uploaded does not list which system files are corrupted are you sure you have upload the CBS.log file content after SFC command finish executing.

Can you also start File Explorer from C:\Windows folder double click Explorer.exe and let us know the result.

FreeBooter, Jan 1, 2018
  15. Explorer is not affected as you can see from my video (at the beggining of the thread) only the modern apps and start menu is affected.......

This is the CBS.log after the scan.......I am sure

imkvinayan, Jan 1, 2018
Thema:

Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

1. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Class

2. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regsvr32.exe class not registered: Hello, so today when i turn on my windows10 a pop up appear "C\windows\system32\regsvr32.execlass not registered" can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  3. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regsvr32.exe class not registered: Hello, so today when i turn on my windows10 a pop up appear "C\windows\system32\regsvr32.execlass not registered" can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  4. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. class not registered

in Windows 10 Customization
    class not registered: Hi, I need help. my start menu doesn't open. I can't open my settings or any app on my pc and if I try to open any app it says explorer exe class not registered. please I don't know how to fix it. i have try so many ways and they don't work. please help...
  6. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  7. Windows Search: Class not registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search: Class not registered: Windows Search stopped working. The event log shows the entry: The Windows Search service terminated with the following service-specific error: Class not registered If I attempt to start the service manually, a MessageBox pops up and tells me to check the Event...
  8. Explorer.exe "class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe "class not registered": I remember having made some changes in Windows/system32 andsysWOW64 where I changed the file extension of the file"ExplorerFramae.dll to BAK" in both the folders and also copied theold file "ExplorerFrame.dll" as before,in bothe folders which was doefollowing instructions on...
  9. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer exe class