Windows 10: Explorer.exe Constantly crashing after Fresh install - Only on certain apps

Discus and support Explorer.exe Constantly crashing after Fresh install - Only on certain apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue after a fresh install came home from work, opened the Microsoft store with it then beginning to crash constantly until i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanHumm, Jun 9, 2019.

1. DanHumm Win User

Explorer.exe Constantly crashing after Fresh install - Only on certain apps

Hello,

I am having an issue after a fresh install came home from work, opened the Microsoft store with it then beginning to crash constantly until i closed the Microsoft store. From further investigation it seems any Apps that come with Windows or come pre installed seems to trigger it crashing also. (CMD doesnt seem to trigger it, seems only apps) It also happens randomly with chrome sometimes when playing videos. I've looked in the event viewer to discover this in regards of explorer.exe

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x634b66a3

Faulting module name: npsm.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0xcb342b40

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000005474

Faulting process ID: 0x1d90

Faulting application start time: 0x01d51eb4ffff0c64

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\npsm.dll

Report ID: a5ea017b-9e91-4ea3-8ca9-1f3cc7a054b4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

It all seems to be consistent with 883 errors of the exact same issue.

I've searched through my minidump folder and have discovered a dump file from yesterday this was towards the end of the installation when it was setting everything up. I was not here for it however as i had went off to work so im not sure the details of it but the dump file has been uploaded to my onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqyVjJFzsqdkhFiSsUO-9MKoWbN7

For the record, it is a legitimate version of windows with the installation media being a USB that was set up using Microsofts Windows 10 Installation Media tool.

If anyone is able to help or shed some light on this i would be insanely grateful! I would like to preferably avoid reinstalling windows if i can but if it needs to happen more than happy to.

:)

DanHumm, Jun 9, 2019

2. Gta 4 crashing constantly

Sup everyone, i seem to be having a very annoying problem. I purchased gta 4 recently and i installed it and it runs quite well, my system is listed in my specs. The problem with the game, is that about +/- 5 minutes of playing, the screen gets funny coloured squares and my whole pc crashes. I have xp sp3 installed. I have tried numerous things like clocking my cpu back to stock but to no avail. My pc is not overheating, thats for sure, i dunno. My mate just told me that it might just be a bug, but it seems strange that i bug in the game would cause my whole pc to crash. Any suggestions?

BradleyKZN, Jun 9, 2019
  3. IINexusII Win User
    The Vista SP2 install thread

kept crashing on the last step when i used the installer from sp1 to sp2, better to start fresh with an iso

IINexusII, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Internet Explorer 11 constantly crashes

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Conflict between third party applications.

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.
    Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section “Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal startup state” in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe Constantly crashing after Fresh install - Only on certain apps - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Constantly

2. only certain games crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only certain games crash: i try to play phasmaphobia and sons of the forest but after loading part way through it crashes and freezes my discord but every other game i can play fine after playing dead island 2 and I've played both of these games before for hours upon hours and they just dont work...
  3. only certain games crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only certain games crash: i try to play phasmaphobia and sons of the forest but after loading part way through it crashes and freezes my discord but every other game i can play fine after playing dead island 2 and I've played both of these games before for hours upon hours and they just dont work...
  4. Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows: Hi everyone,I'll try keep this as brief as possible but I am not sure what the important details are to include.A while back I upgraded my pc to include some new RAM second hand from someone I trust, and shortly after I started receiving constant BSODs. For some reason the...
  5. Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows: Hi everyone,I'll try keep this as brief as possible but I am not sure what the important details are to include.A while back I upgraded my pc to include some new RAM second hand from someone I trust, and shortly after I started receiving constant BSODs. For some reason the...
  6. Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Constant error after fresh installation of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constant error after fresh installation of windows: Whenever I load up an app linked with Epic Games Launcher or some other apps/games i get the error code: 0xc000007b I also get this error when installing DirectX Please help as when i check DirectX.log nothing shows and there is no DXError.log file...
  8. Constant BSOD even after fresh install

Constant BSOD even after fresh install: I built this PC in 2010. It's time to replace for sure, but that doesn't excuse the constant crashing. Asus Maximus III Extreme (LGA-1156) Intel Core i7-860 AMD Radeon HD 5850 8GB DDR3-1600 (I have 16GB total in 2 sticks but only one stick installed atm) Kingston 120GB SSD -...
  9. BSOD constantly on fresh install

BSOD constantly on fresh install: So i was asked to look at a computer that belongs to my co-workers son. I said sure and went over to look. The sone was having issues with crashes, so the tech he called told him to upgrade to 10. He went and bought a 10 disk and installed it, but now nothing works. When...
  10. Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade: Atleast that is what I think is happening. I got the OK to upgrade to win10 from win7 on my laptop.. I went through the prossess as instructed and everything seemed to be going just fine. Then when my lesktop came to life...it was good for a few min..then explore started...
Tags: