Windows 10: explorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD

Discus and support explorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed recently that my hard drive is constantly doing something (not sure if it's reading or writing), and when I've opened Process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vukshaxc60, Jul 10, 2019.

1. explorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD

Hello,
    I noticed recently that my hard drive is constantly doing something (not sure if it's reading or writing), and when I've opened Process Explorer, I noticed that explorer.exe is accessing my music folders. They're shared to my smart TV. It's accesing my music folders, and that is ok, but also it's accesing whole hard drive.

EDIT: When I renamed one of the folders, it suddenly stopped doing that, weird isn't it ? I guess Windows remembered it somewhere so baisiclly this shouldn't be malware-related.

explorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD [​IMG]

:)

vukshaxc60, Jul 10, 2019
  2. dopefish9 Win User

Secondary HDD not found by Optimize and Defrag

Hello,

Upgraded to Win10 a few weeks ago. I have a 240G primary SSD (Cexplorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD :) and 1TB internal secondary HDD (Eexplorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD :), plus a 1TB external USB backup drive (Jexplorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD :). I wanted to determine why the internal 1TB HDD seems to have some 'missing' space so I opened Optimize Drives.
    But Optimize Drives only lists the SSD (Cexplorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD :), USB drive (Jexplorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD :) and a System Reserved drive. It doesn't list the internal 1TB HDD.

So far my searches have turned up problems where extra drives aren't recognized at all, but mine works fine for everything else (I've moved Libraries there, created system images there, it shows in Explorer, etc.)

Edit: Device Manager indicates no issues with the drive. I've also right-clicked from Explorer > Properties > Tools > Optimize, and the list is still missing this drive.

Can anyone explain this or provide a solution?

Thank you!

Stephen

dopefish9, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jul 10, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

explorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD

Secondary 3TB HDD not showing in explorer after W10 Upgrade

From the screen shot, your disks layout is a mess. The reason you cannot see the 3TB disk is it was set to EFI system partition which is invisible while your Windows was installed using MBR type disk and you have 2 disks marked as "Active".

Open Admin command prompt and type:
    1. diskpart
    2. select disk 2
    3. list par
    4. exit
    Copy and paste the text of the result then we can go from there.

topgundcp, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

explorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD

1. explorer.exe constantly using my secondary HDD - Similar Threads - explorer exe constantly

2. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  3. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  4. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  5. Secondary HDD totally inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Secondary HDD totally inaccessible: Recently I encountered system slowdown and instability on my Windows 10 PC. After trying a large amount of troubleshooting steps, I've almost fixed the problem by using "Reset This PC" to reinstall Windows without removing personal files. However, there's still one issue:...
  6. My secondary HDD causes a bsod

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My secondary HDD causes a bsod: Hi, so today when i turned on my pc it gave me the bsod CACHE_MANAGER and i looked it up and it said to unplug any secondary drives so i did and it booted. is there a way i can fix it so i can use my secondary drive? submitted by /u/SympleBoi [link] [comments]...
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. Secondary hdd boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary hdd boot error: I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I entered the bios and the boot order is ok.. however if I press esc several times I get the option to choose a boot drive.. so I...
  9. D:\... is unavailable (My Secondary HDD for Data)

D:\... is unavailable (My Secondary HDD for Data): Hello everyone, I have a SSD (C drive for programs) and an HDD (D drive for documents). My HDD is circa 5 years old and until yesterday it ran without problems. It didn't even become noticeable slower for me. Now I get the following error trying to access it: [img]...
  10. Secondary 3TB HDD not showing in explorer after W10 Upgrade

Secondary 3TB HDD not showing in explorer after W10 Upgrade: Hello everyone! I'm and after effortless googling for 2 days I seek your wisdom in a specific problem I'm having after updating to Windows 10. My setup before the problem was: - Windows 8.1 in a 250GB SSD with Linux dual boot - Secondary 160GB HDD (fs: ntfs, type:...
Tags: