Windows 10: Explorer.exe/cortana crash loop (ntdll.dll?)

Discus and support Explorer.exe/cortana crash loop (ntdll.dll?) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Heyo. So I updated to win 10 a few days ago and have enjoyed it. However, the forced updates seemed to have boned me. After restarting my laptop (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KleinBottles, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Explorer.exe/cortana crash loop (ntdll.dll?)

Heyo. So I updated to win 10 a few days ago and have enjoyed it. However, the forced updates seemed to have boned me. After restarting my laptop (and it installing those updates), explorer.exe and Cortana seem to be stuck in a loop. They crash every second or two over and over again. Every minute or two it will stop for 30s or so and then go back to it. Here is my log from the Event viewer.admin.rar

And here's a video of it in action. Ignore the music from my TV.Dropbox - Video Aug 26, 12 16 01 PM.mov

:)

KleinBottles, Aug 25, 2015
  2. bwg9403 Win User

Multiple Windows 10 Taskbar Problems; Start Menu/Cortana Search/Action Center/Edge/Calendar Not Working

It made no difference for my Win 10 problems. Explorer.exe still goes into crash/restart loops making my machine unusable much too often.

bwg9403, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Explorer.exe keeps crashing on a Windows Server 2016

It gets stuck in a loop, where explorer.exe crashes over and over causing the screen to flash over and over. The only fix I have so far is to restart the machine.

Thomas Azar, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Explorer.exe/cortana crash loop (ntdll.dll?)

Do my post got moved... I don't understand why, since I was following the directions of a previous poster who was told to post it in BSOD. Regardless, can anyone assist?

KleinBottles, Aug 25, 2015
  5. jktile Win User
    I have the exact problem occurring with mine, haven't found any resolution. It would be nice to get some help on this also.

jktile, Aug 26, 2015
  6. jktile Win User
    Found it
    Open task manager ...Ctrl,Alt,Del "Run new task" ... type msconfig (yes it is hard to type as screen blinks, but it can be done) ... In the new box that opens (it may be behind the task manager box) go to Service Tab .... Scroll until you find 2 tasks that need to be stopped ... (1) Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support .... (2) Windows Error Report Service.... Disable these by unchecking .... Click Apply ... Click OK ... If you are prompted to restart, then restart computer .....
    This is the main issue causing the screen to blink . .. Ironic that the items causing the errors are the solutions designed to report errors to microsoft

jktile, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer.exe/cortana crash loop (ntdll.dll?)

1. Explorer.exe/cortana crash loop (ntdll.dll?) - Similar Threads - Explorer exe cortana

2. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  3. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  4. Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games: hello,recently most of my games kept crashing and these 2 errors kept popping upthis happens few weeks ago but the problem just suddenly gone and now its back and what started this issue is battlefield 2042i uninstalled battlefield 2042 and deleted everything related to it...
  5. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  6. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  7. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors

kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors: Hey, It has been a while I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported. I am running on a laptop acer aspire with windows 10 x64, intel core i7, 8Go SSD DDR4, nvidia GTX 1060M, 1...
  9. ntdll crash

ntdll crash: hi, ntdll.dll crash with this:' Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: SilverFast 8.exe, version 8.8.0.18, tidsstämpel 0x5dfa0415 , felet uppstod i modulen med namn: ntdll.dll, version 10.0.18362.418, tidsstämpel 0x99ca0526 Undantagskod: 0xc0000374 Felförskjutning:...
  10. NTDLL crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    NTDLL crash: Hey, Since a few weeks I experience crash-to-desktops for different software. The relevant program starts up and closes after about 2-10 seconds after which I see the desktop. No error message appears. When I look at "Windows Logs" the crash would have to do with the...
Tags: